• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i cheeky??

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
For asking my vets for a discount on vaccinations Its going to work out at £45 per rabbit for both vaccines :shock:I said i can get it done for £23 else where so can they compete im waiting for them to call me back:oops:

our vets used to be brillinat £22 for both vaccs(but given two weeks apart) or £16.50 when buy each vaccs individually. but i did arthurs this week..... £46!!! gulp i was like er you have the price wrong..but apparrently locally to use they have treid to make all vets have teh same prices which sadly means my vets have increased dramatically... so its now gone from a bill a year for 3 bunnys of £115.50 to 238 pounds!!!! its shocking! i may just get my vaccs done in glos when i visit mum as tehy are "only" £19 each there. i can afford to pay them but i just wish it was cheaper!!!! i also have another bunny hopefulyl joining us soon and while paying for vaccs is not a problem its frustrating that no notice of changes to charges was put up or sent out.... i mean it was only 3 months ago when i was in with dora for hers at £22. and i have popped in inbetween for poptart hamster no notices were up!!!

I wish there were more regulation in the Vet world when it comes to prices as sometimes they seem to totally overcharge for things. Our wee cocker spaniel gets eyedrops in a tiny tube (about 12ml) it costs £50! You can get the exact same tube online for £20 :roll:

I wish there were more regulation in the Vet world when it comes to prices as sometimes they seem to totally overcharge for things. Our wee cocker spaniel gets eyedrops in a tiny tube (about 12ml) it costs £50! You can get the exact same tube online for £20 :roll:

You should have asked for a prescription instead then you could have bought it online.

The vets can't actually compete with online prices, my vets said they can't even buy the meds themselves for the same price they can be sold online :(

I do feel that was mildly cheeky, but, why not! You absolutely lose nothing by asking and you may gain from it. So I think yes mildly cheeky, but yes worth doing :D

I think that's fine... i used to get deals - 5 for the price of 4 etc. at my local vets.

Where can you get nobivac myxo and Cylap/lapinject online though? I've not seen it... also, are you allowed to administer it yourself or does it need to be done by a vet?

My vaccinations are only £11 each, and my vet is always more than happy to order in Lapinject for me at no extra cost :)
Panacur is only £6.45, so not too much different to online prices
A consultation is £8.50 and a neuter is £48.50, a spay is about £10 more :)

My vaccinations are only £11 each, and my vet is always more than happy to order in Lapinject for me at no extra cost :)
Panacur is only £6.45, so not too much different to online prices
A consultation is £8.50 and a neuter is £48.50, a spay is about £10 more :)

Wow your consults are cheap ours are £23.50 but our neuterings are cheaper :?

Back