• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone tried to steal my rex's :(

kayburdett

Warren Scout
Woke up this morning and went to put my bunnies out as usual into their run and the hutch was wide open with no tommy or lily :(
My kids had followed me out so there was immediate upset and tears.
At first i thought the fox had got them but then realised that the huge heavy plant pot and the two folding chairs that i wedge against the hutch doors to stop the fox had been neatly stacked on top of each other next to the hutch on the patio.
My dog found the rabbits in the neighbours garden and luckily they were unharmed.
They must have wriggled and put up a fight and got dropped :) although i have a sneaky suspition that they were after my conti as he runs around the patio freely in the day.
We have a private drive at the bottom of our garden as people have garages at the back so someone must have looked over and saw them.
I now have to go to b and q and make it more secure my dog didn't even bark but thank god they are safe.

I had a Rabbit stolen from my garden. Fortunately after getting the Police involved the culprit got cold feet and returned him (Morse) to me.

I am glad your Rabbits are safe.

Oh dear :?, glad they are all okay

I really think everyone needs to invest in decent padlocks, if not CCTV aswell!

That's terrifying. Makes me want to turn all mine in to house bunnies but the oh wouldn't agree to that.
Maybe it was just so local so-and-so's wanting to play with them rather than steal them. Anything could have happened once they were loose though! :evil::censored:

Thank goodness you found them safe and unharmed.

You just can't believe some people can you? Hope the buns managed some serious nipping.

But Jane - I never knew about Morse being stolen! There must have been some serious disapproval about that!

Thank goodness you found them safe and unharmed.

You just can't believe some people can you? Hope the buns managed some serious nipping.

But Jane - I never knew about Morse being stolen! There must have been some serious disapproval about that!

You should have seen the look on the Policeman's face when I reported the fact that 'Inspector Morse has been stolen from my back garden'..................................

someone tried to steal my rexes.

I had a rabbit stolen from my garden two years ago:shock::cry:
He was taken during the afternoon when a man knocked at my door asking for work (jobs doing on the house) he made me suspicious as he kept peering round behind me (it was only later that i realised that he was watching out for the thief who must have been in my garden taking Henry while he was talking to me:evil:)
I reported the theft to Police who were very good about it (no sniggering)BUT i NEVER got my Henry back:cry:
So if anyone was offered a medium size fawn neutered male lop with one fron leg shorter than the other (the reason he was given to me) PLEASE love him as much as i did:cry:

Im pleased you got them back your poor kids and you with out the stress on the rabbits because of some unscruplous people.Its disgusting :{

Oh God - how unimaginably awful :shock: I'm so glad they were OK. I just don't know how I'd cope.

Blimey thats awful!

When my rabbits were out side I put tamper proof locks on my hutch, I'm a bit of a worrier, then padlocks through the locks. Took ages to get in there to clean them out, but at least I had peace of mind.

Thanks for all your kind reply's tommy and lily are now safely in their hutch with a padlock too. I'm still horrified at the thought someone has been in my garden and tried to take them :( i can only hope they are safe now. Jane i'm glad you got morse back and i'm sorry to the others who have had rabbits stolen :(

Back