• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uterine Cancer

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
We put a doe in for a spay today. She was a bun brought in for adoption after being found wandering round the common. We estimated her to be about 2.5years old

She was 'got at' by a male we have in adoption (he cleared the bunny village to get to her), so technically it was an emergency spay. Anway...it was a big blessing when I heard the outcome from the vets.

The vet had never seen such a deformed mess of a uterus which they believed was cancer. She would have had a max of 6 months left to live.

It might be that she's older than we thought, but we just don't know.

Poor girl :cry:

Did they do a chest Xray ?
Sadly UC metastasises, usually to the lungs. I really hope that no malignant cells have already spread and the Doe will be OK in the longterm.

Oh poor little girl :(

Dumpling had horrific uterine cancer , the vets gave her 6 months to live when she first arrived and but we have had just over a year now :)

I know uterine cancer can develop in bunnies over 2 years, but I was wondering if it was possible if she could have been born with a deformed uterus rather than it being cancer :?

Back