• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur question

i think my sis waited a week after the myxi vaccination before she did rosie's panacur, she does rosie twice a year :wave:

cas

The Vaccines are far more important than (preventative) panacur, so get the vaccines done straight away. Most vets will say it's fine to give panacur at the same time so I would continue with that as well. If the bun is considered frail then I would stop the panacur until afterwards but there's no real evidence it would be a problem. The main reason I wouldn't normally do them at the same time is Psychological, after the jabs the bun would be feeling a bit off so forcing them to take panacur isn't very nice.

The Vaccines are far more important than (preventative) panacur, so get the vaccines done straight away. Most vets will say it's fine to give panacur at the same time so I would continue with that as well. If the bun is considered frail then I would stop the panacur until afterwards but there's no real evidence it would be a problem. The main reason I wouldn't normally do them at the same time is Psychological, after the jabs the bun would be feeling a bit off so forcing them to take panacur isn't very nice.

He is actually already 2.5 weeks into a 4 week course of panacur (another bun here has symptoms of EC) and his 6 month myxi boster is due so i will wait until after the 4 weeks.

I would do both right now. Since EC can never be entirely eradicated it's long term damage you are trying to keep in check. The Myxi is more of an immediate threat.

Back