PDA

View Full Version : Panacur question



angeleyes
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Can buns on routine panacur still have their myxi/vhd jabs? Ta x

Hugo's There
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
This thread may help you :wave: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=169492&highlight=panacur+vaccination

angeleyes
03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks Liz, this is all very confusing!

casperthebun
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
i think my sis waited a week after the myxi vaccination before she did rosie's panacur, she does rosie twice a year :wave:

cas

Stator
03-09-2009, 11:45 PM
The Vaccines are far more important than (preventative) panacur, so get the vaccines done straight away. Most vets will say it's fine to give panacur at the same time so I would continue with that as well. If the bun is considered frail then I would stop the panacur until afterwards but there's no real evidence it would be a problem. The main reason I wouldn't normally do them at the same time is Psychological, after the jabs the bun would be feeling a bit off so forcing them to take panacur isn't very nice.

angeleyes
04-09-2009, 08:32 AM
The Vaccines are far more important than (preventative) panacur, so get the vaccines done straight away. Most vets will say it's fine to give panacur at the same time so I would continue with that as well. If the bun is considered frail then I would stop the panacur until afterwards but there's no real evidence it would be a problem. The main reason I wouldn't normally do them at the same time is Psychological, after the jabs the bun would be feeling a bit off so forcing them to take panacur isn't very nice.

He is actually already 2.5 weeks into a 4 week course of panacur (another bun here has symptoms of EC) and his 6 month myxi boster is due so i will wait until after the 4 weeks.

Stator
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I would do both right now. Since EC can never be entirely eradicated it's long term damage you are trying to keep in check. The Myxi is more of an immediate threat.