• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this hutch big enough?

So don't you think the run is big enough for two rabbits? I suppose I could extend it out at the front. Don't have two rabbits i'm getting them soon.

That's only just over 4 ft long and not 2 ft tall if you take into account the 2 levels. I would just get a shed if I were you with an attached run of at least 6ft x 4ft, bigger if you can.

For that sort of money you could quite possibly get a playhouse which would be much bigger. Obviously if you have the room in your garden.

So i've got it all wrong:? I would love to get a shed but since i'm still living with my parents my dad kind of likes to have more say than what I do. Any good places to buy hutches big enough for two?

Personally id say its way too small. If you read the description its only 134cm long, which is less than 5 foot (only 4foot 5inch), and its recommened that ONE rabbit should have a 6 foot cage, with a 6foot by 4foot run, which could accomodate 2 medium rabbits at a push. Aswell as this, as its a 2 tier cage, the ladder itself takes up a lot of space, which i only found out when i ordered a temporary cage for my male whilst he was being neutored.

So no, its not big enough really. There are many cages out there that are much bigger for similar prices. Heres one example:

http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.co...et Rabbit Ferret Hutch & Run Large Bunny Cage

Or something like this, although it has much smaller cages, it has two and a divider, which means if the bunnies need to be seperated (eg before being neutroed if have a male and female), then each rabbit has a decent size temporary cage and run, and whilst living together, they have the option to have their own space:

http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.co...utches on a 6ft x 4ft Rabbit Run Hutches Cage

Again, you can add extra run space if you have the garden space, the bigger the better really. Hope thats more help to you.

Back