• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To those who have had buns have a GA

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering what your buns chose to eat first after coming round from a GA.

The odd bun of mine goes for hay first.

The ones who feel roughest seem to only be tempted by grass.

By and large though, for the rest, the younger ones go for things like pear, apple or banana and the older ones prefer things like dandelion leaves, basil or parsley.

None of them will start with pellets despite acting crazy for them normally, lol.

So what about yours?

I think it depends on each individual rabbit. Parsnip recently had his broken elbow pinned so it was a fairly lengthy operation and he was tempted to eat with carrot tops and fresh parsley.

Flora, however, always wants hay first. I don't really care - as long as they eat SOMETHING, I'm a happy mummy:D

Crystal used to go for anything one time i had teh vet accuse me of not feeding her properly coz she went through hand fulls of pellets, veg and hay in teh couple hours before i picked her up :lol:

now though she wont eat for a while but normally gets tempted by a bit of banana then moves onto the pellets :)

Oh yeh, it does depend bunny to bunny and was just interested in other's bunnies, that's all :)

Off topic but how is Parsnip now? I know a bun who recently had something similar done.

Can't remember about Ozzy, probably hay as thats all they would have offered him after the op :D Crunchie (my g.pig) was definatly persuaded by grass ;)

Dandelions, parsley or corriander and my lot all do the same with pellets - won't touch em after a ga but will bite your arm off for them any other time!

My Pippin has just had his first GA today as he's been neutered and when I brought him home he went straight for his hay. Thats all he's eaten in the past 4 hours, but Im just pleased he is eating anything!

When I got my rabbits back after their snippage they were drowsy and grumpy, but otherwise normal. They happily ate their hay herbs and pellets as usual, just with less of a rush.

Dandelion leaves!

I did find that Amber didn't want her favourites and went for the things she usually turfs out her bowl first:?

With the buns at work I reckon the no 1. choice is dandelion leaves, followed by grass, spring greens, apple, parsley, grated carrot, pear, pellets

Back