• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Polish debate...

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Has there as being alot of threads disscussing the Polish breed, i thought it would be good to make a seperate thread about them.

Some people say Polish are nasty and nippy some say they are lovley. I have only met show quality, un nuertered (SP) ones and they have always lunged at me :shock:

I think that rescue ones are probably different in the sense they are obviously handled more than what a breeder would handle them and nuertered/spayed straight away.

What do you lot think about Polish rabbits?

:wave:

in a word rew are evil yes i have met the show ones too and have the scars to proove it :lol:
the sables and other colours are more laid back oh i did meet a soppy one once it was a siamese sable and was quite sweet but on a whole i really dont like the breed even polish breeders say they do not make good pets

Show Polish = :evil:.
They're always the ones at shows that dive off tables, and bite everything they can see.

Jose is a handful and hates being held or picked up and is always on the look out for something to chew

Does anyone have any pics please?

Angel is a REW Polish. She's such a sweetheart and loves her babies dearly. She's very timd and has never 'flown' at me.
I deffinitely won't be advertising her babies as Polish X's as I don't want this prejudice to be cast upon them.
I've had them since they were 2 weeks old and they clamber up you for noserubs.

Angel is a REW Polish. She's such a sweetheart and loves her babies dearly. She's very timd and has never 'flown' at me.
I deffinitely won't be advertising her babies as Polish X's as I don't want this prejudice to be cast upon them.

Do you have any pictures of her not laying down?

Even with breeders, there are mixed views.

One stud described them saying they would 'have a go at anything four times their size'

Another one says 'They have nice temperaments for REWs and easy to handle as they are natural show off's'

Do you have any pictures of her not laying down?

All the pictures I have of her are rubbish and my camera is broken so I can't show you :(
Will let her have a little fun time in the run tonight without her bubs for about half an hour and see if I can borrow a camera off my neighbour maybe.

in a word rew are evil yes i have met the show ones too and have the scars to proove it :lol:
the sables and other colours are more laid back oh i did meet a soppy one once it was a siamese sable and was quite sweet but on a whole i really dont like the breed even polish breeders say they do not make good pets

Even if the bunnies are aggressive how can you describe any bunny as evil :cry: We have had plenty of aggressive bunnies here and I could never describe any of them as evil.

That has made me so sad :cry:

Yes i agree, i would not advertise them as polish X, it only takes people to read them up on the internet and they will walk away :cry: poor buns :cry:

Even with breeders, there are mixed views.

One stud described them saying they would 'have a go at anything four times their size'

Another one says 'They have nice temperaments for REWs and easy to handle as they are natural show off's'

lol they scare the hell out of me :? :shock: :lol: one of my contis was attacked by a polish once :?
my daughter loves them and for a 6 yr old is very confident and handles them better than most adult but i said no chance we were having polish in the rabbitry so she went with the nethies instaid :love:

Even if the bunnies are aggressive how can you describe any bunny as evil :cry: We have had plenty of aggressive bunnies here and I could never describe any of them as evil.

That has made me so sad :cry:

Me too :cry:

IMO no Rabbit is 'evil'. That trait is exclusive to the Human Race................

Jose sometimes sits like this with an arch on her belly if you know what i mean

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/petplanet/breeds/Rabbit_-_Polish.htm

elise.jpg

Does Angel look like this when she sits up?

there could well be a bit of polish in there ;)
not many breeds acually sit like that , polish are very spirited and hate been handled and boy do you have to be quick with them :lol:

Sounds like my Jose! :lol: She's an absolute nightmare to try and put away at night. I know try to just tempt her up the stairs with food lol

Back