• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild or part wild buns needing a home?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I'm thinking about getting a male wild or half wild rabbit as a companion for my young female wildie.

Anybody know of any looking for a home?

Or failing that...anybody know of any small, VERY lively, young male domestic buns (around 4-6 months old) looking for a home?

I'm thinking about getting a male wild or half wild rabbit as a companion for my young female wildie.

Or failing that...anybody know of any small, VERY lively, young male domestic buns (around 4-6 months old) looking for a home?

I know Polish are usually VERY lively buns, but most are also very nippy

I have some Polish X babies here.
They are very very small as they were taken from Mummy at 5 weeks :(
I have 2 sealpoints, 1 chinchilla and a REW up for adoption after they're neutered :(
Will post some picture in a seperate thread if you're interested.

Yep little Colin-cupcake was neutered yesterday
Although black he has some agouti shading in his coat..and he needs a partner to learn how to be a bunny
He was reserved but sadly the homecheck didn't go well:(

I have some Polish X babies here.
They are very very small as they were taken from Mummy at 5 weeks :(
I have 2 sealpoints, 1 chinchilla and a REW up for adoption after they're neutered :(
Will post some picture in a seperate thread if you're interested.

Pics and info would be great, thanks :wave: :)

Yep little Colin-cupcake was neutered yesterday
Although black he has some agouti shading in his coat..and he needs a partner to learn how to be a bunny
He was reserved but sadly the homecheck didn't go well:(

Can you give me a bit more info on his personality?

Ta muchly

where you thinking of getting a wild bunny from ? :?wild bunnies belong in the wild and also you have no chance of bonding a wild bunnie although wild bunnies live in groups for safety they dont live together they each have their own space in the warren and will kill any other rabbit that goes into their space thats also why people sometimes have problems bonding rabbits as they dont naturally bond and live together in that way
i would not advise a polish they are nasty little things and do attack
mini lops are a small breed nethies do not natrally bond they tend to just want to kill each other ! you best with a lop breed as they are very laid back and bond quite easy

Last edited:
where you thinking of getting a wild bunny from ? :?wild bunnies belong in the wild and also you have no chance of bonding awild bunnie although wild bunnies live in groups for safty they dont live together they each have their own space in the warren and will kill any other rabbit that goes intotheir space thats also why people sometimes have problems bonding rabbits as they dont naturally bond and live together in that way
mini lopsare a small breed nethies do not natrally bond they tend to just want to kill each other ! you best with a lop breed as they are very laid back and bond quite easy

I've never had a problem bonding nethies :?

where you thinking of getting a wild bunny from ? :?wild bunnies belong in the wild and also you have no chance of bonding awild bunnie although wild bunnies live in groups for safty they dont live together they each have their own space in the warren and will kill any other rabbit that goes intotheir space thats also why people sometimes have problems bonding rabbits as they dont naturally bond and live together in that way
mini lopsare a small breed nethies do not natrally bond they tend to just want to kill each other ! you best with a lop breed as they are very laid back and bond quite easy

Rescues often have wildies that have been hand reared from birth, I think this is what she means, not actuall rabbits from the wild :lol:

a lot of what you've said isn't true :shock:
I know hand reared wild rabbits that have bonded fine... and nethies... and polish...

It's funny how I have 7 Polish fosters here and they have never attacked me once. Infact Angel is extremely timid and has let me handle her 2 babies since birth.
Whisper even gave Sarah Jane a little groom yesterday.

Last edited:
It's funny how I have 6 polish fosters here and they have never attacked me once. Infact Angel is extremely timid and has let me handle her 2 babies since birth.
Whisper even gave Sarah Jane a little groom yesterday.

I think the ones Jazzywoo has encountered have been Show Polish, and I agree some of these are just plain aggressive.

I think the ones Jazzywoo has encountered have been Show Polish, and I agree some of these are just plain aggressive.

oh yes never come across a nice one yet lol even polish breeders do not reconmend them as pets they put it as spirited but it just means watch your fingers :lol:
we show nethies and they are imposile to bond they just lunge at each other like with all bred there are exceptions and yes some will bond however not all will bond

Last edited:
oh yes never come acros a nice one yet lol even polish breeders do not reconmend them as pets they put it as spirited but it just means watch your fingers :lol:
we show nethies and they are imposile to bond they just lunge at each other like with all bred there are exceptions and yes some will bond however not all will bond

Are they neutered by any chance? :roll:

Are they neutered by any chance? :roll:

they are show rabbits so no they are not neutered
you dont have to neuter rabbits to bond them i have many bonded pairs that are not neutered and no they are not mixed sexes :roll:

Last edited:
although wild bunnies live in groups for safety they dont live together they each have their own space in the warren and will kill any other rabbit that goes into their space thats also why people sometimes have problems bonding rabbits as they dont naturally bond and live together in that way

In the wild rabbits actually do share their burrows and tend to live in pairs, male with female, in the adult part of their lives. Some live in groups in burrows, and others lives in pairs. It tends to only be the young batchelor males who often live on the surface, under scrub and bushes, and use burrows for bolting and safety rather than actually living in. Due to competition these batchelor males will often live alone as part of the 'warren group'. This is just a little something I picked up off Dr Anne McBride when she paid a visit to our house.... she has spent a great deal of her professional life studying rabbits in the wild in their native Spain. :)

Back