• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not wanting to know us since dental

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: with the dental buns ive had i should be aware of things a lot more....however this is a bit of a problem
merlin had to have a tooth spur filed down...the vet had to give him a GA in the end as he wouldnt keep still enough and he got stressed.

since he got home he hasnt really been himself...hes been very very wary of us both..hes been out and scurrying oaurnd but seems to prefer the cats company instead of ours:oops:

hes a little sweetie...does arrive at my feet for a nose rub then after a few seconds freaks out and dashes under the bed. this is odd for him cos nose rubs never last any fewer than 30 minutes!!! i mean it..an hour and a half is the norm for him:shock:

he has had a few cuddles in bed with nikki....but he has to be put up there these days.

i think he doesnt trust us like he used to:(

im trying to forge ahead..but also hes got confined to nikkis room right now...hes a nort norty bun...eats anything and everything..including the rabbit proofing for cables in a few seconds:shock::lol:

i thought woozle was a furry termite!! hes terrible...worse than woozle!!
but hes usually so affectionate and friendly..he gets forgiven:oops:

i need to get the landing safe for him again...and figure out how to store my entire room contents into plastic storage boxes away from dem teefs:lol:

im worried about all this as its been too warm to do the mammoth task of my room and sorting out what i can use on a baby gate for the top of the stairs to stop him!!
ive been using metal pen panels..guess theyd be safer in the long run.

hes been sulky since the dental...i wonder if its a loss of trust form us...because hes been running and hiding last few days.

any tips folks?

Went Nora had her reaction to her VDH vaccination she had to go back to the vets 3 times (so 5 times in 3 weeks for mixi, VHD and 3x antibiotics). She hates being in the car and at the vets. The last time we went to the vets he said he thought she was trying to break some olympic record for speed breathing :(

So after all that, she became very wary of us. If we went near their hutch she would hide at the back and run madly if either of us moved :( So we decided to just leave her alone and not pester her. After a while she must've realised that we weren't taking her to the vets and has come back out of the corner of her run.

She is now actually a lot more friendly than she was before and actually lets me stroke her most of the time :love:

So, from my experience anyways, I'd just give him his space and not pester him too much and he'll realise you're not that bad really :)

mad bun

:wave: with the dental buns ive had i should be aware of things a lot more....however this is a bit of a problem
merlin had to have a tooth spur filed down...the vet had to give him a GA in the end as he wouldnt keep still enough and he got stressed.

since he got home he hasnt really been himself...hes been very very wary of us both..hes been out and scurrying oaurnd but seems to prefer the cats company instead of ours:oops:

hes a little sweetie...does arrive at my feet for a nose rub then after a few seconds freaks out and dashes under the bed. this is odd for him cos nose rubs never last any fewer than 30 minutes!!! i mean it..an hour and a half is the norm for him:shock:

he has had a few cuddles in bed with nikki....but he has to be put up there these days.

i think he doesnt trust us like he used to:(

im trying to forge ahead..but also hes got confined to nikkis room right now...hes a nort norty bun...eats anything and everything..including the rabbit proofing for cables in a few seconds:shock::lol:

i thought woozle was a furry termite!! hes terrible...worse than woozle!!
but hes usually so affectionate and friendly..he gets forgiven:oops:

i need to get the landing safe for him again...and figure out how to store my entire room contents into plastic storage boxes away from dem teefs:lol:

im worried about all this as its been too warm to do the mammoth task of my room and sorting out what i can use on a baby gate for the top of the stairs to stop him!!
ive been using metal pen panels..guess theyd be safer in the long run.

hes been sulky since the dental...i wonder if its a loss of trust form us...because hes been running and hiding last few days.

any tips folks?
it has been over 6 months now,,,but earlier this year,,my cottontail quit eating,,i mean-quit,,nothing- on hand,,would not take another syringe full of critical care,,out of desperation/operation/neuter/baby food garden vegy baby food saved his life-he started eating//angry/oh,yea/but i gave him plenty of time to realize i meant him no harm/he has responded in kind/and back to his loving self--and it was all worth it--he weighs-about 1140kg ,he was 710grams/big difference,,sincerely james waller:love:

Back