• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Type of glue??

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
Ive managed to get some sisal twine from work to make my own bunny toys with, but i was wondering what kind of glue i can use? I saw a wooden toy in p@h which you needed to glue together and it had a tube of glue in the box but never said what it was. If anyone can advise me i would be very grateful. :) Thanks.

Ive managed to get some sisal twine from work to make my own bunny toys with, but i was wondering what kind of glue i can use? I saw a wooden toy in p@h which you needed to glue together and it had a tube of glue in the box but never said what it was. If anyone can advise me i would be very grateful. :) Thanks.

Can you make it without glue at all? It's just I bought one of those sisal carrot toys once and when I realised it had glue in it that was being exposed - the risk of ingestion and impaction for example from the glue was enough to make me throw it in the bin immediately! How about just tying in a knot at the end instead? :)

The glue with the toy was most likely wood glue. You can get exterior stuff that is very strong. I use it for bonding my DIY projects before nailing or screwing etc.

Hiya cheers for your replies, i think i will prob just use knots if there isnt any suitable glue, just wanted to see if there was one. :)

Glues for children's crafts should all be non toxic if ingested, so something like PVA? If there's any alternative to gluing then obviously that's best, but we all know what buns are like for chewing so something non toxic, and the smallest amount necessary the best you can do if you need to glue.

Thanks kitschkitty didnt think of that i wil try without glue first, not that im sure how im gona make toys yet!! Hopefully will get a blue peter moment! :)

Back