• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Does This Behaviour Mean?

I have four foster buns who are very loveable and they all come round to be fussed, but when I stroke Toby on his nose he pushes his nose upwards. I thought this meant he wanted me to leave him alone so I did, but when I did he kept hopping round me and pushing his nose under my hand. I don't understand because he is quite forceful when he pushes my hand away but then returns for more. None of the others do this ....I have never had a rabbit do this before. Does anyone know what he is trying to tell me????? No rude comments please....ha ha.
Carol

I think he is being dominant and demanding you groom him. You know, like when you bond rabbits and when the roles are being established the bun who wants to be dominant will shove his/her nose under the bun, in whatever place possible, to ask for a grooming.

Eddison used to do this to me, and I think the message he was sending me was: "You're doing it wrong, hooman!!" So I would stroke him a little harder, and he would settle right down and start grinding his teeth. Try fussing him in different ways and see what he likes! :) Eddison is a sucker for being scratched around the base of the ears and down the jawline. :lol:

Eddison used to do this to me, and I think the message he was sending me was: "You're doing it wrong, hooman!!" So I would stroke him a little harder, and he would settle right down and start grinding his teeth. Try fussing him in different ways and see what he likes! :) Eddison is a sucker for being scratched around the base of the ears and down the jawline. :lol:

I'm inclined to this interpretation. May I add that in this context quiet tooth grinding/ chattering, when stroked is sometimes called rabbit purring - & signifies deep pleasure.

all of the above:wave:

bertie does this and its cos you arent rubbing his nose hard enuff:shock:

when you do..he turns "bunny puddle" and purrs and then awaits the cheek rubs...the base of the skull rubs...and the kisses under but just behind his huge lopped ears:oops::oops::lol:

Saffy does this, too! Soooo sweet! She just wants me to not stop the noserubs and then she settles down and starts grinding away also!:love:

Back