• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny carry boxs?

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Yesterday when Fletcher,Holli & Ava went to the vets it was such an effort to get them in the actual boxes and I ended up having to use 2 boxs - one for Holli and Ava and Fletcher by himself!
I did buy a material fold up one from ebay at xmas for the bunnys but it was so small and the only thing it was suitable for was to put my guineas Charlie and James in!
Does anybody know where sells bigger carry boxs,that are sterdy and good quality.I need one with a decent handle or thick shoulder strap, as I struggle to grip things properly due to bad joints..

You would make one?
Breeders often make and sell them
They're simple to make, just a wooden box with air holes or mesh, and dividers if your rabbits aren't all bonded.

I made a carrier the other day. I got one of those plastic storage boxes, drilled 3 big holes into each side, and three small ones for the water bottle spout and string. It's perfect for Harley, because he's a bit too big for the cat/rabbit carriers

If you want to buy online, how about here....http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/

I have numerous different carriers that I have bought from car boots etc and I favour top openers myself for bunnies that would need to be dragged out of a carrier (not ideal). With a top opener it is easy and quite stress free to pick them up from above. I have a number of these in different sizes...http://www.southcoastpetsupplies.co.uk/ferplast-atlas-open-carrier-p-600.html

They are very sturdy and easy to use, but you must make sure that you slide the top clips over as this is all that holds the lid on to the carrier.

Quite a few carriers have hooks for a carry strap. I have some and have used them occasionally, by attaching a shoulder strap from the odds and sods box at the charity shop. You can often find old camera straps, guitar straps or lap top bag straps for a few pence and they work just fine.

Last edited:
50782_lg.jpg

Heres the on I got for Rimmi, it can have a water bottle attached to it and it had food bowls... the top comes undone too, have a look here:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=191281&highlight=carrier

Thats a good idea making one! I seen somebody on the train the other day with a big plastic storage box that he had fixed to the frame of a buggy and he had loads of live grabs in it! I thought it was a good idea but ideally i need a box big enuff to fit plenty of buns in

Thats a good idea making one! I seen somebody on the train the other day with a big plastic storage box that he had fixed to the frame of a buggy and he had loads of live grabs in it! I thought it was a good idea but ideally i need a box big enuff to fit plenty of buns in

Well storage boxes come in tons of different sizes :)
Try Asda, that's where I got mine from :lol:

They also do Atlas 70s - getting very pricey then :shock: :lol:

:lol:
My 2 bigger rabbits are quite a size (top end of 3kg each) so it poses a problem when ALL bunnys have to go to the vets.... :lol: the boxs I have atm Fletcher takes up a full one and chances are Ella would need a full one to herself aswell, which would mean atleast 3 maybe even 4 boxs if all went to the vets :shock:

My 2 bigger rabbits are quite a size (top end of 3kg each) so it poses a problem when ALL bunnys have to go to the vets.... :lol: the boxs I have atm Fletcher takes up a full one and chances are Ella would need a full one to herself aswell, which would mean atleast 3 maybe even 4 boxs if all went to the vets :shock:

I put my 3 or 4 boxes in the back seat of the car. It's usually one under the seat, and two on their own seat (Although you can stack them and secure with something)

Daisy is just less than 5kg, and Jester is 2.1kg, so I know that 7kg+ of bunny fits into the atlas 40 - with a fair bit of space left, but I've told Daisy not to get too much bigger as she'll squash Jester and I won't be able to lift it :lol:

Back