• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rare Breeds List/Who has them?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Fur:
Beige
Blanc de Bouscat
Blanc de Hotot
Blanc de Termonde
Deilenaar
Golden Glavcot
Hulstlander
Perlfee
Pointed Beveren
Sallander
Squirrel
Sussex
Swiss Fox
Thuringer
Vienna
Wheaten

Fancy:
Giant Papillion
Rhinelander
Thrianta :love:
Tri Dutch

Lop:
Meissner Lop

And also, these aren't listed as Rare Breed, but I've never seen them at shows...
Astrex
Opossum Rex

I'm suprised at some on this list. I don't know if it's just up north, but the shows are always flooded with Sallanders and Thriantas.

Rabbits like Tri-Dutch I see all the time as pets, but they are rare at shows.

Does anyone have any of these rare breeds?

If you want piccies of a breed, just ask :)

Erm are some of those are fur colours, and some of those are breeds?

I was looking up 'Squirrel' because my friend breeds chin nethies and often gets squirrel marked buns, but on the BRC site there is no mention of a breed Squirrel.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thriantas though.

Oh, same said friend also breeds Beverans. Is there a difference between a Beveren and a Pointed Beveren? I do know hers are pretty rare.

If people have these, you better share pictures :D

We were told at bradford show that winston is very rare only one that they know of in this country hes a harlequin rex but apparnatly normal harlequins are striped not the way winston is he has his left front foot matching his back right foot but his front right and back left are complete different but match each other. You can draw a perfect line down his body one side darker than other.

I was looking up 'Squirrel' because my friend breeds chin nethies and often gets squirrel marked buns, but on the BRC site there is no mention of a breed Squirrel.

Oh, same said friend also breeds Beverans. Is there a difference between a Beveren and a Pointed Beveren? I do know hers are pretty rare.

Yes, the BRC site is a bit behind.
I love Thriantas too. I'm getting some once my dad moves house.
Pointed Beverens are the same I think, except the pointed beverens are pointed :lol: The colour on the extremeties (Tail, nose, ears, paws etc.) are darker than the rest.

We were told at bradford show that winston is very rare only one that they know of in this country hes a harlequin rex but apparnatly normal harlequins are striped not the way winston is he has his left front foot matching his back right foot but his front right and back left are complete different but match each other. You can draw a perfect line down his body one side darker than other.

I've never seen another rabbit like him in the self pattern, I have seen it in the broken pattern though. Yes, harlis usually have stripes.

Are you going to Bradford this year? There might be rabbit jumping

I did have a gorgeous beige lop but he was rehomed to a good friend of mine recently. He iss gorgeous and very happy in his new home now :)

What was it you wanted a picture of?
I have some pics of squirrels and Thriantas. Squirrels are also called Blue Chinchilla, it's basically a chinchilla who's parents carry the dilute gene.

They are all breeds.
The colour beige is common, but not the actuall breed.

Right, I'm with you now. Yes, I know what squirrels are, andit stands to reason the breed is the same as the marking (my friend often gives me genes lessons, lol).

I just like to see pictures of peoples pets, I don't need to see specific pictures of breeds, I know where to look for pictures of breeds, but when you see animals in non show posing positions it is so different. I want to see these bunnies being bunnies :D

Right, I'm with you now. Yes, I know what squirrels are, andit stands to reason the breed is the same as the marking (my friend often gives me genes lessons, lol).

I just like to see pictures of peoples pets, I don't need to see specific pictures of breeds, I know where to look for pictures of breeds, but when you see animals in non show posing positions it is so different. I want to see these bunnies being bunnies :D

Yeah, I love pictures of Thriantas just being Thriantas :lol: Although most pics are just of the Thriantas hunched in the corner or the cage

I think Chloe who runs Fat Fluffs Rescue has a Thrianta, and Marie Bluebunny has a Hulstlander

Honeybunnies Rescue have/had a baby tricolour Astrex in recently :love:

I think Chloe who runs Fat Fluffs Rescue has a Thrianta, and Marie Bluebunny has a Hulstlander

Honeybunnies Rescue have/had a baby tricolour Astrex in recently :love:

Are they on this forum?
Someone go get Chloe and Marie and tell them to get on here now with piccies! :lol:

goodness i know NONE of those breeds? maybe thats because i have always taken in rescues? i know the basic ones... lol (frenchie, min lop, dwarf lop, chinchilla, rex,english lop,netherland dwarf, polish,liionhead,double maned lionhead papillion) but never heard of any of the ones you have listed? why are they so rare?

goodness i know NONE of those breeds? maybe thats because i have always taken in rescues? i know the basic ones... lol (frenchie, min lop, dwarf lop, chinchilla, rex,english lop,netherland dwarf, polish,liionhead,double maned lionhead papillion) but never heard of any of the ones you have listed? why are they so rare?

Simply because other breeds have taken over. There used to be tons of Dutch as pets, before the Nethies came in. In the olden days, it was mostly about show, fur and meat. Most people would go for the breeds that sell for the most (fur/meat wise) or do best in show, the others would be left behind. And personally, I think lops have taken over. :lol:

Back