• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting?

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
How many times a year do rabbits usually moult? I don't know if you remember me posting pics of Dylan's super moult in about April time? Well its happening again :?.

:wave:

I'm not sure how many moults they "officially" have as lots of mine seem to be moulting all the time:lol:

With a few of mine I think they have about two occasions each year when they look particularly tatty though, so I'd guess around twice????

They are supposed to have roughly 4 moults a year, some are bigger than others.

However with the messy climate a lot of buns seem to have stopped abiding by this 4 moults a year rule, and just seem to moult as and when, and in some cases all the time.

Charlie was moulting back at the beginning of the 'summer' then seemed to stop and has now started again. Gave him a good brush just now........which he didn't enjoy just wanted to be off causing havoc somewhere

B x

Same as dogs they used to have 2 moults a year one for summer coat and one for winter coat owever the climate changed and has upset the rule. We brought them into our homes where it tends to be warmer so they just kind of moult all the time. Rexes also have one giant moult around the time they were born although winnie didnt last year again prob due to heat in home etc

rabbit molt twice a year summer coat and winter coa however centeral heating can change this and some just tend to molt forever !

Back