• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

overgrown teeth

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
This should be in health but I need a quickish answer.....I've found this evening that Jasmine has got overgrown incisors,what can I give her that will be easy for her to eat tonight ?

Grated veg maybe?

grated veg and pellets with boiled water on and cooled.

Why am I not surprised she has dental issues :roll::(

grated veg and pellets with boiled water on and cooled.

Why am I not surprised she has dental issues :roll::(

I'd noticed Diesel was eating a lot in comparison to her you see but it wasn't til this evening when I gave her panacur that I could get a look at her teeth properly :(

Both Marion and Geoff had dental issues when they arrived. Marion needed an urgent dental and the vets were shocked at the state of them and Geoff is in for a dental and x-rays on Thursday :( She didn't even know they had a problem, its so sad :cry:

Hope Jasmine's can be sorted easily :wave:

Poor Jasmine :(

As Liz says grated veg & softened pellets. I'd also see if you can tempt her with some grass & dandelions chopped up. Arthur our gummy bunny loves these & eats them like they're going out of fashion :) You could also try some grated apple or mashed banana.

Hope she goes on ok, poor little love xx

Poor Jasmine :(

As Liz says grated veg & softened pellets. I'd also see if you can tempt her with some grass & dandelions chopped up. Arthur our gummy bunny loves these & eats them like they're going out of fashion :) You could also try some grated apple or mashed banana.

Hope she goes on ok, poor little love xx

She doesn't have much of a clue where grass is concerned I'm afraid but I will grate veggies for her :)

Well the grated veggies went quickly...I think Jas ate some :?:lol:....she certainly had her head in the food bowl!

Soaked pellets don't seem to have been touched yet though but I daresay by the morning theyll be gone.

Thanks everyone.:wave:

oh dear..shame this wasn't checked put previously...would be a good idea to get her back teeth checked at same time as front ones

oh dear..shame this wasn't checked put previously...would be a good idea to get her back teeth checked at same time as front ones

I shall make sure they both get a full check over ,it was planned for next week once theyd settled a bit and I spoke to my vet about them today,just wish I'd realised about her teethe then because I'd have taken her with me.

I'm really sorry to hear about Jasmine. I wonder if her teeth are the cause of her sore eye?

How's Diesel doing?

Apart from his snotty nose/sneezing hes fine,very nosey and has food well sussed!:lol:

Hes not as easy to handle as Jasmine and they both grunt a lot at me but they have been so rewarding already,seeing them become bolder and explore and enjoy the grass has been lovely the past few days.

Jasmines eye actually doesn't look as bad as it did when she arrived,I've bathed it a couple of times but we shall see what the vet says later.

Back from the vets,Jasmine has had her teeth clipped but the vet thinks they may well grow back misaligned again and if they do they will need to be removed but at least she should be able to eat better now.

She didnt check her back teeth because she wasn't dribbling therefore showed no signs of them being a problem:? It was a locum vet and I may well take Jasmine back when I need to go in with Bugsy and can see my usual vet.

Both Jasmine and Diesel have antibiotics as well so we shall see if the runny nose/runny eye improves.

Back from the vets,Jasmine has had her teeth clipped but the vet thinks they may well grow back misaligned again and if they do they will need to be removed but at least she should be able to eat better now.

She didnt check her back teeth because she wasn't dribbling therefore showed no signs of them being a problem:? It was a locum vet and I may well take Jasmine back when I need to go in with Bugsy and can see my usual vet.

Both Jasmine and Diesel have antibiotics as well so we shall see if the runny nose/runny eye improves.

:shock::shock:

Hopefully she is a little more comfortable now, but I would definately get her back to your usual vet.

Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick too :)

:shock::shock:

Hopefully she is a little more comfortable now, but I would definately get her back to your usual vet.

Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick too :)

Yes I shall do...it rather perplexed me but I don't think she was very confident to be honest....she took Jasmine out the back to trim her teeth,my normal vet wouldnt have done that but as you say Jasmine should be more comfortable at least.

Back