• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Where's the best place to get meds?!..

matjoliver

Warren Scout
I need to get Panacure, Metacam, Dermisole cream and some Hibiscrub, preferably the soapy stuff.
Was hoping I could find somewhere on the interweb that's cheaper than the vets!!!!

Cheers guys :thumb:

You won't get metacam on the web without a prescription from your vet (and your vet will prob charge you for a written prescription, therefore making it cheaper to buy at the vets). You need to be careful where you buy from on the web as not all sites are reputable.
Also, Ive attended several rabbit courses/RWF conference and the vets do not recommend Dermisol cream as it is too harsh to use on a rabbit's sensitive skin. E45 is actually better as its very gentle, do not use Sudocrem as it contains antibacterials which can destroy the good bacteria in your rabbits guts, should your rabbit lick it and ingest it.
Try www.drugs4pets.co.uk for online meds.

Hope that helps

Cheers, I'll give them a try.
It was actually our vets that originally gave us Dermisol. I only used it sparingly and was going to get it again as it done such a good job.
I'll put in a prescription request for Metacam.
Thanks again

Vet UK is the cheapest place for Panacur and a few other things, but as above when you need a prescription it's normally cheaper to get it from the vet unless you need a long term supply when it might be worth getting the prescription.

I'd suggest Vet UK for the Panacur in the 10% liquid form. It's cheaper overall and to have as a preventative for EC when introducing new buns, or indeed as a treatment. Dosage is 0.2ml/kg per day for each rabbit.

The 1ml syringes to issue it in are 10p from Vet UK also.

Back