• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trip to Vets / OH Drama

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I just got back from my regular vet, and I feel so much better. She lowered Eddison's Metacam dosage (and gave me my own bottle), gave me a dilute version of Baytril to inject (so I don't stress Eddison as much), and she took x-rays to make sure he hadn't dislocated his shoulder (as she felt a good deal of swelling). Such a huge difference from the hack vet I went to this weekend.

Turns out Eddison doesn't have a break or a dislocation, but the vet thinks it may have popped out and popped back in, so to speak. So I'm really glad I went, and Eddison is in good shape.

But the OH is giving me trouble. He kept telling me that he didn't think it was broken, and that I was going overboard. Eddison was limping and grinding his teeth, so I think I did the right thing. When the x-ray came back that it wasn't broken, he basically told me, "I told you so." It's just so frustrating when the person you love doesn't share your love of rabbits. :cry:

At least you have some good news :)

My boyfriend is scared of animals, but he's trying really hard with Faline to please me.

Maybe if you got OH involved more, he'll learn to love bunnies as much as you do!

At least you have some good news :)

My boyfriend is scared of animals, but he's trying really hard with Faline to please me.

Maybe if you got OH involved more, he'll learn to love bunnies as much as you do!

He loooves Milo, and he loves giving Milo raisins and giving him a fuss. But when it comes to medical stuff, he just thinks it's kind of ridiculous to give a rabbit medical care. He won't help me give them meds or clip nails or anything, so I've become rather self sufficient. I just think he doesn't take rabbits as a serious pet. :(

He loooves Milo, and he loves giving Milo raisins and giving him a fuss. But when it comes to medical stuff, he just thinks it's kind of ridiculous to give a rabbit medical care. He won't help me give them meds or clip nails or anything, so I've become rather self sufficient. I just think he doesn't take rabbits as a serious pet. :(

Oh typical :roll::lol: Mine wouldn't ever help me give meds or clip nails.. In fact, he doesn't even know how to stroke any kind of animal. He's very cautious and give them a light pat, which I'm pretty sure they can't feel :lol:

He does care though and will discuss any problems and encourage me to go to the vets :)

I think he's warming up to my bun. It's probably my constant nagging. Have you tried that? :lol:

I'm glad that Eddison is feeling better. :) As far as your O/H is concerned, give him time and sooner or later he will become a rabbit-slave (just like the rest of us :lol:).

Back