• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EDIT: Rabbit Jumping WILL take place at London Champ Show (Reading)

DemiS

Warren Veteran
EDIT: We are going to be performing at London Champs Show in Reading on the Sunday :)

We are also not going to be performing at Blenheim Palace Horse Trials, we can't make it down, and the journey is just too long.

On a positive, we might be performing at Bradford Champs Show, in Harrogate, early next year. For anyone interested, I will bump this post nearer the time, to say if we are or aren't going. If we do go, it will be a display, not a competition.

As far as I know, there will still be a jumping competition at the Honley and Emley agricultural shows next summer.

Please no comments on show stress. The car journey is short, I almost always have the radio on in the garage, and all have been to shows before. The buns are used to it. I also have chilled towels, bottles and fans for if it gets too hot.

Last edited:
rabbit jumping sounds great i really want to try this with any future buns i have as i think my current two are abit lazy :lol:

i never knew there was such things as rabbits jumping shows in the uk always thought they only existed in the US

rabbit jumping sounds great i really want to try this with any future buns i have as i think my current two are abit lazy :lol:

i never knew there was such things as rabbits jumping shows in the uk always thought they only existed in the US

There aren't shows, but there have been two small competitions (of about 7 rabbits, which about 4 of them jumped :lol: ) held outside the rabbit show tent at agricultural shows.

Lops are meant to be a good breed for jumping, so you never know :)
There is a site if you want to know more

i want pics n updates:wave:

our first doe...a dwarf lop began jumping through my daughters hoola hoop...then over broom handles etc...she loved it. It was then i saw a piece on the news about bunny showjumping....wished id knownmore then....shed have been great..she loved to show off doing it and owuld go back anbd jump the other way too.

For anyone interested, feel free to come and watch :)
I will be doing numerous performances on the Sunday, and I've even managed to sneak Harley into a giant pen!

It's in a sports centre in Reading, Berkshire
if you google 'London Show Rabbit' the site should come up :wave:

:rabbit2:

Last edited:
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'd love to see this. I just can't make it on Sunday. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease do Bradford.

Deb

I really want to, but it's up to the show managers :)
I will find out probably either tommorow or Monday.
Unless there is no space, I can't imagine them not wating it. After all, it may bring some more people in and it gives something for the visitors (And exhibitors) to watch

What time is the show jumping exhibition going to take place? I want to come down and watch:D Do you know if there are fees to get in to the show if you are not an exhibitor?

What time is the show jumping exhibition going to take place? I want to come down and watch:D Do you know if there are fees to get in to the show if you are not an exhibitor?

Yes, I think it's £7 for adults and £3 for children. I will do be doing numerous performances on the Sunday. There is a lot to do though, they have alsorts going on so it's a good day out :)

Come and say hello, I love talking bunnies and never shutup :D

How did you train your rabbits for jumping?
I noticed that one of your buns does it on grass too. I doubt mine would jump on grass :roll: They just want to eat it. I should really have a go with Harley now he's well trained, but we only have grass in the front garden, and the neighbours will think I'm mad :lol:

Come and say hello, I love talking bunnies and never shutup :D

Same :lol:
I have a feeling we will get on ;)
All six/seven (Can't remember how many) jumps are in the garage. They're annoying me allready, I can't move because of them and the rabbits keep knocking down bars because they have no run up :roll::lol:

I have verbal direah (sp) or so I'm told so I probably won't shut up :lol:

They both (Honey and Blue) learnt to jumo outside :lol: There not really allowed in the house ops.
Honey learnt on a harness and she was easier then Blue as she doesn't tend to want to eat grass when shes outside for some reason, so just gently with treats and she learned really quickly.

Blue has a ball and he loves to binky after it when you roll it, so I just kind of chucked it over a jump and he got the idea :lol:
Was bored one day and didn't really look much up about it at all, luckily there both very intelligent :lol:
I think I was abit lucky :lol: Especially as Blue just jumps over anything in his way (hes abit dense)

Back