• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this?

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I have been looking at playhouses to make into a lovely home for my 4 buns. I really like this one.

http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Playhouses/Mad-Dash-Peardrop-Xtra-Playhouse

It has an upstairs bit too. If I could make 2 ramps up to the top bit and make sure there was no way they could fall off do you think its ok or is it too high? I suppose if it was too high for buns it would make excellant storage space and I could have my utility room back!

I have been looking at playhouses to make into a lovely home for my 4 buns. I really like this one.

http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Playhouses/Mad-Dash-Peardrop-Xtra-Playhouse

It has an upstairs bit too. If I could make 2 ramps up to the top bit and make sure there was no way they could fall off do you think its ok or is it too high? I suppose if it was too high for buns it would make excellant storage space and I could have my utility room back!

The outside is lovely :)
You could add an extra shelf between the upstairs and the floor, so the buns have something, and you get the storage. Or if your worried about height, add a tiny ledge onto the side of the shed so you can make two not so steep ramps

i just bought a single tier shed fom ebay (for £130 which wasnt bad at all!!) and just got a layer with a ramp added in.
With the one in the link you'd have to think of the drop for the ramp, you'd possibly have to get a 2nd layer put in half way down (like a landing) and then another ramp to break the steepness.
Keep an eye on ebay!! as i say i got mine for £135 and payed my cousin £20 to go collect it for me in his van! couldnt ask for better as the shed i looked at was gunna cost me £250

The kennel/run is what I am in mid process of ordering from someone else on ebay.

The main reason I am going for it is that I get to sit out of the wind and rain with the buns in the run or shed, and therefore they get more time with me.

The bloke I am buying of seems brill. Mine is going to be 6ftby14ft with a 6ftx4ft shed inside. He is adding a window to the shed bit, so I don't have to clean in the dark, and he is adding a door from the shed to the run, instead of a seperate one at the end of the run. and obviously making the pophole smaller for the buns. so have a think, see if there is anything you can add or take away that would make your life easier. Also see if he will price match. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=330349480964&Category=101434 this is the bloke I am buying from and his 10x4ft is a bit cheaper

I also imagine it is easier than hutches to clean. No crawling into the bottom layer to retrieve their bowls at 11pm, or to get their litter trays out and clean strays.

Plus a bit of extra storage if planned right.

Roll on the endo f the month... WOHOOO.

Back