• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wood shavings from timber place...

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Our local timber mill gives away free wood shavings- (not on about saw-dust because i know thats a no no) but inch long shavings from what looks like pine. There does not appear to be dust in it and I only use wood shavings to mix in with cat litter in their toilet- the rest of the cage is carpeted of they will only be on it whilst on the toilet

is this safe because it will save me a bit of cash.

Thanks guys

Jemma

They wouldn't be dust extracted - so I def wouldn't use. Think shavings are meant to be bad fullstop.

I wouldn't but then again I wouldn't use shavings anyway as they are not that great for small furries. :wave:

I find the paper based cat litter from tesco fab! its like megazorb but grey! I used a combination of different things in my litter trays but found this worked best

yeah i generally use the wood based pellets but its so expensive to keep filling their litter trays (which is for a cat) so i just mix pet shop bought wood shavings in to bulk it up.

Oh right- i am now in search of a bulkier cheap product,..............

is the tesco paper one expensive?

Try tesco cat paper based little! its £3 for a big sack. I mean it only lasts me about 2 changes but I do own 5 bunnys so if you have less bunnys itll work out even better for you! I find it stops the smell aswell because its so absorbent!

Try tesco cat paper based little! its £3 for a big sack. I mean it only lasts me about 2 changes but I do own 5 bunnys so if you have less bunnys itll work out even better for you! I find it stops the smell aswell because its so absorbent!

i will.

do you think there is a way you can make your own with newspaper?

hmmmm

Back