• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An "Eddie Incident"

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone who knows Eddie will know that Eddie often has little "incidents", which generally cause us complete panic at the time but are always funny in hindsight :roll::lol:

Just thought I would share one that happened on Sunday evening.

Please bear in mind that I have recently had some concerns about various lumps and bumps on Eddie and he only got the all clear from the vet Saturday.

Also many of these incidents would not be possible without the aid of his partner in crime Elwood and this was the case on Sunday.

Steve had treated me to a box on Maltesers, I had eaten half and put the others on a shelf out of the way, or so I thought. I let El and Ed out and went off to do outside meds. I returned 10 minutes later to find the box of Maltesers pulled from the shelf and Ed sat in the middle of them on the sofa happily scrapping the chocolate off them. Now I know Elwood pulled them down as Eddie can't jump higher than the sofa and Elwood had given up trying to eat them as he has no incisors. Rumbled, Eddie lept from the sofa and I was left to clear up the mess.

I thought no more of it and later Ed jumped up on the sofa to sit with us. I lifted him up for a cuddle and felt this awful lump on his stomach. I shouted at Steve to put the light on, something was wrong with Eddie. As he had long fur I thought I or the vets had missed something terrible or he had given himself a hernia or something. I was completely paniced :shock: Then I felt another and another.... on closer inspection I found 5 half melted maltesers stuck in his long coat :oops::oops:

I honestly thought he was dying and was about to get a carry box to rush him to the emergency vet :oops:

Can you imagine how embarrassing that would have been if they had told me that he needed 5 maltesers surgically removed :oops::lol::lol:

Oh the fun we have here ;):lol::lol:

That made me giggle :lol: Why is it buns always scrape off the chocolate and leave the middle bit?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Norty Eddie :shock: and Elwood helping him! I can just imagine your face when you found out they were just malteasers :lol:

Thanks for sharing that :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Our Betty once made off with a chocolate caramel she stole out of a tin of Roses ( she nabbed it so quick while we were dithering over which one to have next ). She ate the whole thing - wrapper n all - before we could catch her. Knowing they have delicate tums I was worried to death for the next 24h.

Back