• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jill!!!!!!

capel

Warren Veteran

Hi:wave: Thanks for your sympathetic ear yesterday..:D Just a quick note to let you know that I spoke to the owner and whipped the bunny straight up to the vet this morning. I've booked him in for a dental tomorrow..poor thing had one just over 3 weeks ago..there you go..speaks volumes for a muesli diet doesn't it?? He's been given a 24 hr painkiller and gut stimulant and vet advised me to offer him some some of my A&P Pellets first to see if he'd eat them but if not just let him eat anything so that he'd have a full tum for tomorrow. Anway, within 5 mins of getting home he wolfed down the pellets and then started on the raspberry leaves..Wish I'd taken him yesterday now..Ah well. She is going to have a strong word with the owner about his diet as she says even at this late stage if he can be encouraged to eat more hay(more likely if he can't selective eat) it may help lengthen his times between dentals. SEND ME SOME TRIFLE in the interim please!!

Last edited:
Hi

so glad I was of use! and pleased bun is going to be sorted..poor boy if he is eating A and P so easily no need for him ever to have muesli again..although if he is a bit thin and scraggy I try SS as his pellet..or A and P breeder and grower ones.
Keep me posted I'll have my fingers crossed for him tomorrow! xx

Owner's just rung me again and I've told her about the pellets and she says that she has Excel pellets at home which she mixes with the muesli. Then she can just put one bowl down for him and the piggy he lives with..as I said..pass the trifle liberally laced with valium please!

He's not too thin and is still fairly chunky looking but his coat looks a bit "staring" you know, like a dog's does when it's out of condition. Poor nutrition I expect.

Back