• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit moult or something more?

GBNI

Warren Scout
Joey bun is a dwarf lop with a wispy, fluffy, cuddly coat. Recently long fur has been coming out along his spine and few wee tufts from his chest. The fur on his chest leaves behind fur that looks the same, but along his back the fur underneath is very short and darker in colour. Is this the beginnings of a winter coat coming through?

I have only owned a lionhead prior to him, whose coat stayed quite similar but 'mane' got a bit smaller and he changed colour a bit.

Thanks

I was really worried as he looks terrible! I was just surprised the undercoat is so much shorter than his summer one. He does groom and is eating and drinking fine. Guess I should get him used to getting brushed to tidy him up!

Oliver has been moulting for what seems like forever - I do wonder why he isn't bald yet! My poor vacuum cleaner can't cope - there is fluff EVERYWHERE!

No doubt as soon as he's done, Ebs will probably start moulting!

Back