• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice pls - very crafty rabbit

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
i picked up some more bio lapis yesterday for eric as he developed squidgy poops again (think i have a good idea why now).

last time i gave it to him, no probs (sprinkled on food and a bit in his water). this morning i put a tiny bit on some of the wet basil i gave him.......

he has managed to nibble around it:shock: no idea how but i watched him - sooooo carefully trimming around the actual leaf:?

any suggestions as to how to get my very crafty (or clever) eric to have some bio lapis to help his tum please? (he has 2 water bowls - one with bio in and one without. guess which one he's using?).

really was no problem last time:?

i picked up some more bio lapis yesterday for eric as he developed squidgy poops again (think i have a good idea why now).

last time i gave it to him, no probs (sprinkled on food and a bit in his water). this morning i put a tiny bit on some of the wet basil i gave him.......

he has managed to nibble around it:shock: no idea how but i watched him - sooooo carefully trimming around the actual leaf:?

any suggestions as to how to get my very crafty (or clever) eric to have some bio lapis to help his tum please? (he has 2 water bowls - one with bio in and one without. guess which one he's using?).

really was no problem last time:?

maybe only give him the one with it in? or try really dunking the strong smelling herbs in biolapis that way he might not detect it? x

maybe only give him the one with it in? or try really dunking the strong smelling herbs in biolapis that way he might not detect it? x

Yeah I was gonna say dunk, even if you have to dilute it to make it enough to dunk in (no idea about quantity as have never use it), that way the whole leaf is covered.

Is it not the kind fo thing you can syringe feed him?

p.s. am very pleased to see more eric pics recently, keep them coming! (that sounded friendly but was actually an order - I start my new job tomorrow, I need all the cheering up I can get!)

tried just giving him one drink bowl with it in - hasn't drunk anything.

no way of syringe feeding it - its powder so would need quite a bit of liquid added and eric + syringes = hunger strike and eventually the no poop worry (sorry - tried all sorts in the past:roll:).

i thought basil was my best bet as he loves it usually but he ate all of it apart from the bits of leaf where it had clumped a bit:? the only other fresh herb i have at the mo is mint and he's gone off that altogether.

(stuck in the house today too waiting for a plumber:evil:)

p.s. am very pleased to see more eric pics recently, keep them coming! (that sounded friendly but was actually an order - I start my new job tomorrow, I need all the cheering up I can get!)

thought you were dying to start your new job? shock to the system having early starts tho - son not back til next wednesday. or tuesday - best check!

i'll have a look for eric pics:D

try giving him softened pellets with the biolapis mixed in (soften them in water to a tooth paste consistancy). Don't give him any other food except hay and the small amount of pellets until it clears up, although you can try some of the more grass like herbs like parsley and strawberry/blackberry & raspberry leaves are also very good.

Smush up a small piece of banana and mix it in. I bet it will get all nibbled up then!

thanks - but i'd rather avoid fruit, especially right now (he's only tried banana a couple of times but he's on a very strict 'diet' atm til his tum is sorted at least):)

try giving him softened pellets with the biolapis mixed in (soften them in water to a tooth paste consistancy). Don't give him any other food except hay and the small amount of pellets until it clears up, although you can try some of the more grass like herbs like parsley and strawberry/blackberry & raspberry leaves are also very good.

thanks, i'll try the softened pellets. eric doesn't like parsley (or coriander), just basil and dill. any other herbs you can think of i could try him on? what about thyme?

i may bring his dental check up forward a week if i can't tempt him:?

nethies can be fussy :) you will probably find his food likes and hay consumption increase dramatically when he realises that if he doesn't eat someone else will scoff it insted.

thought you were dying to start your new job? shock to the system having early starts tho - son not back til next wednesday. or tuesday - best check!

i'll have a look for eric pics:D

No, am dreading it! Though I do just want to get into it now, find out what I've let myself in for :shock: Now where's that eric piccie....*taps foot impatiently* I have the pic of his bum in the nasturtiums as my wallpaper!

Back