• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lost my wee abby

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
Just had to share my grief with you all as you are the only people on this planet that can understand how i feel which is so desperately lost and empty without my wee girl.

I went into the shed last night same as usual to feed my four and they all came running up as usual to greet me and their food and were wolfing it down same as normal i stayed with them till they finished it and gave nighttime cuddles ect and left them to it.

When i went in the morning to feed them their pellets there was no abby running out as she normally does looked for her in shed under shelfs ect and then went out to large run they have 24/7 access to and there she was underneath the hutch outside cold and hard i nearly passed out she was fine the night before at around 10pm when i fed them and this was about 8.30 am i cant believe i wasnt there to be with her or rush her to the vet or cant handle the fact she may have been in pain and i couldt do anything to help her what if she thought i didnt care even though i know she knew how much i loved her i am just so broken up at the mo and cant stop crying it has taken me all this time to come on here as writing about her makes it feel too real i want to go out to the shed and shes still in their.

I keep looking at the big run out on the grass and cant bear the thought of her not being there running freeily about with her three wee friends its just too hard to think about i am lost with out her and the tought of only three wee faces coming to greet me not four is breaking my heart.

I dont know if anyone will remember but i came on hear about jan time when she was in a similar trouble she was hardly breathing and i whisked off to my brill vet she really was at deaths door and through weeks of getting her to walk and eat again and lots of medication and hospital stays she recovered and was a happy health wee bunny with three very releived friends happily jumping around with her again.

She was my second wee bunny and was only four and bonded with fudge and they were inseperable they loved each other and them along came misty and benji and then they were four of the most loved up bunny pals i feel so sorry for them they keep looking for her everywhere and look so lost. it breaks my heart.

I cant begin to think about this but want to ask whatever will help my other three cope without her but i was next month going to bond my two other wee girls who are together in with the four of them to give them all lots ofmore room do you think i should still do that or how long shld i wait for them to be coping with it i want to help them whatever way i can it seems to hard to think about at the moment but if anyone could give me their opinion i would greatly appreciate it

thank you for reading this very long post if infact youve got this far it really helps to writ to you all it keeps her nearer me

she was the most precious strong lovable cute wee characacter and i will always miss her and so will her friends she will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her

thanks again i am welling up here again
gill
xx:cry::cry:

So sorry to hear about Abby :(
Remember that (as you said) she knew how much you loved her and that is the main thing.

I'm sorry you lost your little friend :(
It's hard when they go so suddenly but comfort yourself that she had a great life with you, and no long drawn-out illness xx

thanks everyone going to try and get some sleep but think itl be very hard will dream of her and maybe feel nearer to her i feel so lost at mo and feel so sorry for the little ones left in shed they miss her terribly they were so close i ache for them to
xx

Life is eternal; and love is immortal; and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. ~ Rossiter W. Raymond

thanks again everyone it really helps and Jane that is a beautiful verse it so sais it all and a lovely thought to hold on to thank you for sending it its lovely and im sure Abby is smiling down on us free of pain and suffering.

gill:(

Back