• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is he? :)

Sparkles

Young Bun
Hello I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what breed my rabbit is. I got him from pets at home when he was 8weeks old. He is now 4 months and 2 weeks. I weighed him just and hes 1.6kg.

He has grey ears, nose and feet and a grey line around his bum.

Black/Blue Himilayan :wave:
Well his markings are himilayan, but he's likely to be a cross as Himilayans are usually more snaky, then again, he might just be well fed :lol:

Hehe he is a bit spoilt :oops: but i thnik its more the picture. I tried putting a better one up but my computer is playing up. He doesnt seem to have much shape to him compared to my other 2 rabbits if that makes sense :? Also im sure his markings have got darker since i got him if thats even possible or maybe im just going mad.

All rabbits change colour a little bit throughout the year, but baby buns can change quite a lot as they grow :)

He's very cute :love:

He dosn't look himilayan or californian to me, although the marked points do look similar. Both those breeds start off as REWs and then get their points with age, but he has dark eyes which indicates it is not either of those marking types or breeds.

I think you'll only have a good idea of his breed when he is fully grown and you know his weight and can post a full picture of him.

Yes, with rabbits that have himalayan or tort markings, the colour develops with age. The picture is quite unclear, so I can't tell if it's a black, blue or lilac himalayan marked bun

Back