• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tummy troubles

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Am I the only one who's bunnies haven't ever had tummy troubles or other health issues? I don't know if I've just picked hardy ones or what but my three have never had a bad tummy. (two are now living with my mum as she she got so close to them that she refused to let them go when I moved...not that I gave up without a fight!!)

The eldest is five now. Wondering what other people's experiences are with illness (and hopefully recovery).

My Tinkerbell had a lot of illness in her 3 yrs. Syphillis, teeth problems, absess in jaw and finally head tilt which led to her passing away a day later :cry:

Sooty had a couple of bouts of Stasis but lived til aged 8.

Simba, got Pneumonia and had to be PTS a few days later :(

I haven't had much luck with rabbit health :(

Up until today (because I don't like to jinx things and look in the future) mine are all pretty healthy and generally have all been pretty healthy, with the exception of dentals, which I have to do quite a lot of (I have 9 dental buns). We have had no mega gut issues, not ever seen stasis is any of mine (yet!).

I'm lucky with mine :)

All those I have taken on as fosters have come with far more problems than any of mine ever have, especially Summer, who choked, had cancer, etc, and Tilly, who came with head tilt.

Back