• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two unspayed does,one pregnant - Would you seperate?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
I'm thinking the other female may attack the kits? Or hurt them accidentally? They are sisters and have always lived together.
(It's not for me by the way,it's on behalf of a family friend)

Yes, because its too risky to keep them together. The hormones of the pregnant doe could lead to her fighting the other doe because she may see her as a threat.

In my eyes its not worth the risk to keep them together.

Personally I would seperate them.
The pregnant Doe may well attack her Sister when due to kindle. It could result in a nasty fight.

I'd say yes. They are more likely to fight because of the *****-moans! The non-pregnant doe might get to close to the kits/try to kill them and the mother might attack her friend. Is there a chance that the other doe could be pregnant if one is?!

I had two sisters living together both pregnant (unknown at the time), the day before they gave birth they started a big fight with each other. So i would say split them, dont take any chances. Maybe keep them living next to each other if possible?

If you're afraid of breaking the bond, could you put them in cages next to each other? That way they could see each other, but there's no risk to the babies.

I had some girl buns together, there were two and later on... three.

I have had a few unintended litters with these girls, and, because it was accidental, generally, it was only one or two that got pregnant.

The first litter that happened was when I had Tabby and Tipsy together... Tabby had babies the one night and Tipsy the night after. They stayed together and all the kits snuggled together in a big group.

When I had the three girls together, two of them got pregnant, again I did not seporate them and there were no problems.

None of these girls were sisters and obv werent spayed because that was a while ago and it was never suggested or thought of.

Thus... I have never seporated my does and never had ANY issues.

But its your choice... I guess it depends how well the does get on with each other and if theyre both ok with kits.... the one of my does, Tabby, loved kits, and tried rearing the other buns kits... bless. She was Aunty Tabby.

Anyways... good luck

I don't think they're planning on getting her spayed :( I have tried so many times to talk them into it but no luck so far :?
As for how she got pregnant..I have no idea. :shock:

silly people! Once told the facts about it (like you will have told them) it's hard t say no to spaying! It just makes sense!

Why don't you try seperating them for a day? If one starts to show stress, then I'd keep them together. You don't want the mum to absorb the babies or not produce enough milk for them.

Bella will be going in for her spay in a couple of months and just thinking about it makes me absolutely terrified to be frank. But if it prevents her getting uterine cancer and allows her to live a happier life..how could you even hesitate? :?

When a mummy bunny and a daddy bunny love each other very much ... :lol:
Although in many cases it's when a daddy bunny escapes and humps the first female he sees :shock:

Although in many cases it's when a daddy bunny escapes and humps the first female he sees :shock:

Well that's how we found out "Doris" was actually a Boris..:oops:
And he did it with his own sister too :shock: The shame!
Luckily they were a tad too young still. So..no babies there :lol: Thank goodness.

Back