• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

noooooooo...panic ..fly eggs on flops again ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: flies ...

just found eggs on flopsey again when i went to put her back in her hutch after a run in the garden ... :evil:

this happened in july and i suppose weve been lucky since ..:?

its been realy hard to get them off as they were where i had trimmed her fur so were very close to her skin .. :( :( :( poor poor girlie .. i just hope i got them all cos its 8 weeks now since she was reargarded ..but havent been able to re do her as she has had a sore patch ... :( :( :(

now i dont know if i should risk rear guarding her again even though she has a couple of small sore bits ...or if i should use xenox instead .. :?:?

Oh no Angie - poor Flopsy :(

Will anyone be available at your vets now to ask them if it's ok to use rearguard again?

The best thing to use is wound powder or antiseptic powder because the eggs need air to hatch and the maggots need air to survive, if you cover he rear end in wound powder it cuts the risk of them hatching

Cover her rear end in cornflour, it won't hurt her and it will cut the risk of eggs hatching, we use it as a precaution on our disabled bunnies

Hope this helps and sending vibes

Oh no, hope rabbit gets better soon... poor bunny. Is this obvious to spot, I check my rabbit but not sure what i'm looking for really.

one of my boarders keeps getting flystrike and she has a weekly cream and it works, its like neon pink inside, dont know what its called, ill check tomorrow as shes here at the moment so i have to do it for her :)

Back