• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Bellies

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Why are some Bun's tums so flippin' 'delicate' ???????????????????????

*Exasperated sigh*..................................

i do wonder sometimes, because often i think dominos stomach is actually made of steel! he can literally eat anything and as much of anything as he wants and he is never ill and never has a runny bum or anything, yet some buns tummies are soo delicate.

he even stole a FIZZY sugar colar lace from my bag once and his under the hutch where i couldnt get him and ate the entire thing :roll:

i do wonder sometimes, because often i think dominos stomach is actually made of steel! he can literally eat anything and as much of anything as he wants and he is never ill and never has a runny bum or anything, yet some buns tummies are soo delicate.

What a lucky bun-bun! I wish G + P weren't so suseptable to upset tummies. Constant worry.

A question I used to ask myself daily in my bun-keeping days!! I've never known any animal like it - makes guinea pigs look like the hardiest animals around! :shock:

I have been lucky too, my buns have eaten lentils, chocolate and quiche* :shock: without ill effects yet i read so often about people's buns getting upset bellies from the slightest thing :? i guess we will never know our buns' family history and there's every chance theyve had all sorts of health issues promoted in them through careless inbreeding. Hope all yours are ok jane. x

* all by accident, I would never intentionally feed these to buns ;)

he even stole a FIZZY sugar colar lace from my bag once and his under the hutch where i couldnt get him and ate the entire thing :roll:

Smudgie not only stole a blackcurrant Swizzles lollipop (the ones that are just pure sugar and nothing else) and not only did he eat half of it AND the plastic wrapper, he also ate an empty buncase that a guest left on the floor :oops: He shared both of these with Sora who has already had stasis though thankfully long before this incident a couple of weeks ago. Neither of them had any ill effects from these little stolen 'treats'... which surprised me as I was really expecting Sora to be very poorly from them but she didn't seem to have any ill effects, not even sloppy poop or anything :shock:

Luna on the other hand ate a good portion of our artificial Christmas tree last December :oops:

Strawberry has a tummy of steel- he can eat everything and anything!
Snowdrop is a total nightmare! One piece of carrot and she is back to diahorrea, at the minute everything she forms is really soft but not fluidy so she is back to hay only again poor girl.

Frank eats... wait for it... the wheelie bin wheels! He has a good gnaw every day and all I can hear is *thunkathunkathunkathunk*. They look like cogs he's chewed so many chunks out of them. I've tried all sorts to keep him away from them short of keeping them in the backs and having the neighbours have to move them every time they go past in their cars.

And it's Dulcie, who never eats anything naughty, that had a bout of stasis. Frank's steel coloured - well 'ard on the inside and outside. :lol:

Aswell as Little Bill with a poorly tummy I now have Colonel Colin with acute abdo pain. He managed to get a some Malted Cereal and now his guts are full of gas and he is as flat as a pancake :cry: The Colonel really does not cope at all well with pain and goes into systemic shock.
But how on earth can a few bits of malted cereal make a Bun so ill. I am really worried about him at the moment as he has just shut down

:cry: :cry:

Smudgie not only stole a blackcurrant Swizzles lollipop (the ones that are just pure sugar and nothing else) and not only did he eat half of it AND the plastic wrapper, he also ate an empty buncase that a guest left on the floor :oops: He shared both of these with Sora who has already had stasis though thankfully long before this incident a couple of weeks ago. Neither of them had any ill effects from these little stolen 'treats'... which surprised me as I was really expecting Sora to be very poorly from them but she didn't seem to have any ill effects, not even sloppy poop or anything :shock:

Luna on the other hand ate a good portion of our artificial Christmas tree last December :oops:

You have no idea how long it took me to work out what that was, and what images went through my mind!

Aswell as Little Bill with a poorly tummy I now have Colonel Colin with acute abdo pain. He managed to get a some Malted Cereal and now his guts are full of gas and he is as flat as a pancake :cry: The Colonel really does not cope at all well with pain and goes into systemic shock.
But how on earth can a few bits of malted cereal make a Bun so ill. I am really worried about him at the moment as he has just shut down

:cry: :cry:

gosh poor boy :( if any of mine ate that they wouldnt even notice!
sending vibes for him

Strawberry is always pinching my breakfast cereal! He had some chocolate cake the other day that he managed to pinch and hs probably eaten numerous other things that I havent noticed.

Generally my 8 are pretty good with their tums - I'm normally able to halt any problems early on with just infacol and tummy rubs, and have had only three episodes that have taken longer and more medication to sort out.

I tend to find that mine start presenting symptoms when they haven't had their normal garden exercise, rather than being food related
e.g Roger needed infacol this morning as he was pushing his tummy to the floor and had no interest in breakfast.
This is after a few wet days when they've only had about an hour in the garden.
Mine just seem to need more than their runs for exercise:roll:

I was freaking out to my vet once about Milo eating something dried up that he found underneath the fridge. She told me just to watch his poo, and that she had a friend who fed their rabbit M&Ms! Just one after the other, and the bunny never had any issues. :shock:

I think rabbits just strive to be the absolute most complicated creatures on the planet. :roll:

I was freaking out to my vet once about Milo eating something dried up that he found underneath the fridge. She told me just to watch his poo, and that she had a friend who fed their rabbit M&Ms! Just one after the other, and the bunny never had any issues. :shock:

I think rabbits just strive to be the absolute most complicated creatures on the planet.
:roll:

That sums it up perfectly !!

Back