• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help - Bite Wounds // UPDATE

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I was really really stupid, and Milo and Eddison got into another fight.

Milo has a bite wound that's bleeding at the corner of his nose.

Eddison has a bite in front of his eye that's bleeding also.

I'm boiling 1 cup of water with 1/4 tsp of salt so I can bathe both wounds.

What else do I do and what do I look for? I am so freaking out right now. :cry:

Last edited:
Please take them both to the vets; they will need pain relief and maybe antibiotics. Don't blame yourself for the incident.

Please take them both to the vets; they will need pain relief and maybe antibiotics. Don't blame yourself for the incident.

It's Sunday and my vet isn't open. The emergency vet is not very bunny savvy. Is it possible to wait till tomorrow? (Although, I would assume pain relief now is the key here.) The cuts are superficial and not deep puncture wounds.

ETA: Both of them are still moving around fine, just laid out and relaxing from time to time.

Are they eating? Is they eye affected?

They're eating fine, and the eye didn't get injured. It's more on his "cheek" if I had to specify a location.

The cut on the nose is the part where it creases and extends back, almost like a paper cut. I flushed them both thoroughly with a saline solution, and trimmed the fur around the cut near the eye.

It can probably wait until tomorrow but if I were you I would take them tonight. But, then again, I am paranoid. :oops:

I'm paranoid too. I'm going to take them to the vet and just be very pushy for what I want. Eddison is walking funny on his front left paw, and I will not take a chance on that.

Thank you for the advice.

if clean and not deep i would just keep an eye on them for now ...

if any swelling or eye damage or buns look "off" at all (not eating , sitting hunched) then i would see a vet now .

Lots of vibes for these two lovely buns. I have today though Hun I really thik this is a sign that you should not put them together again, it may be even worse next time :( Lots of vibes for you all x x

Well, I'm now $145.25 less rich, but this is what I got:

1.5ml Baytril (2x day)
0.4ml Metacam

The Metacam is for Eddison's right front leg, as he is holding it up and has "mild weight bearing lameness". She's says I can give it if I want, as I was the one who pushed for it. Do you guys think I should give it to him?

On a more random note, their heart rates were very different. Milo's was 140bpm and Eddison's was 220bpm. Should I be worried about the stark difference?

Lots of vibes for these two lovely buns. I have today though Hun I really think this is a sign that you should not put them together again, it may be even worse next time :( Lots of vibes for you all x x

I absolutely agree. Today's encounter was a complete mistake, and I have someone interested in Eddison who is going to try to bond him with her female bun in a week. I'm hoping that all goes well and I can get a girlfriend for Milo.

Really? I felt so terrible when they just turned on one another. They had locked onto each others' faces, and I threw a towel over them, but only after I screamed. It's amazing the damage they can do in about 3 seconds. :cry:

Back