• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not sure what to do

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
Hi everyone i need some advice if possible. My neighbour 2 doors down from me has got 2 lop rabbits in her back garden. They are in a double hutch prob about 4 ft long, has no run. They havent had them that long prob a few months, think they were bought for her daughter :? who has since lost interest as far as i can tell. they have aslo escaped once as one my way to work i saw one sitting on her driveway but it went under the fence before i could catch it.:censored:?
Ive been off work this past week and have been at home and ive not seen the bunnies out at all i havent seen the daughter or mother handle them or give any attention. The hutch was postioned outside theri back door against the wall, it has now been moved to the side of the house so they are looking mainly at a brick wall :?.
They also have another smaller hutch prob about 3ft but i cannot see what is in it due to its postion. Im not sure what to do they arent being mistreated as such but not being looked after very well either.
I feel really bad for them esp as my 2 have been out all day every day this week and i look over the fence to see them cooped up in their hutch.
Really sorry for the v.long post just wanted to get it all out!

Hi everyone i need some advice if possible. My neighbour 2 doors down from me has got 2 lop rabbits in her back garden. They are in a double hutch prob about 4 ft long, has no run. They havent had them that long prob a few months, think they were bought for her daughter :? who has since lost interest as far as i can tell. they have aslo escaped once as one my way to work i saw one sitting on her driveway but it went under the fence before i could catch it.:censored:?
Ive been off work this past week and have been at home and ive not seen the bunnies out at all i havent seen the daughter or mother handle them or give any attention. The hutch was postioned outside theri back door against the wall, it has now been moved to the side of the house so they are looking mainly at a brick wall :?.
They also have another smaller hutch prob about 3ft but i cannot see what is in it due to its postion. Im not sure what to do they arent being mistreated as such but not being looked after very well either.
I feel really bad for them esp as my 2 have been out all day every day this week and i look over the fence to see them cooped up in their hutch.
Really sorry for the v.long post just wanted to get it all out!

Aww, those poor buns... I have often 'rescued' buns in this position... usually their hutches were soooo dirty and they had health conditions.

You could always slip a leaflet or two through their door or call the RSPCA to give them a visit if you think theyre in a bad way.

Hiya thanks for your quick reply, the hutch looks clean but i cant see it very well. I havnt got access to any leaflets but may make my own!! Thanks again.

if you're feeling confident you might try the "hi! i see you're a bunny carer, too!" and have a jolly chat, telling them about how you keep your rabbits rather than talking about how they keep theirs!

if you had a spare run (or you're handuy enough with wood and nails to knock one up for her) you could offer it to her .....somthing along the lines of 'my rabbit love to playfor hours in thair run... incidently i've got an old spare..'

Hi thanks to everyone for their advice. Ive been onto the RWA website and have saved some leaflets will try and get them onto disc so i can print them off at work. Im not confident enough to approach her not sure what reaction i would get. Hopefully she is just unaware but willing to change! Fingers crossed. :)

Back