• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What's wrong with my bunny??? :(

Noticed when i went out to put my rabbit Miffy in the garden that she's got these white, flakey kind of lumps that run up from just above her tail up to her lower back, look almost like clumps of dandruff??

Haven't noticed them before and have no idea what they are??? They just pull out, some are bigger lumps than others, they don't appear to be on her skin just the fur itself, she doesn't seem to be in pain, no itching and she's eating fine.

Can anyone tell me what this is???

Thanks, Sian x

Hello Sian.Is the fur coming out at all??? Im thinking mites....I cant spell the word Im after...cytadellae.......I'm no vet and could well be wrong.Get a vet to examine a scraping under the 'scope.Theres some stuff Xeno450...very good gear.
Good luck.xx

hi

Hiya

Yea could be mites, is it anywhere else though? is the rabbit in full molt? mine tend to lose clumps in that area when they are in a heavy molt?

If your worried then you could take bunny for a checkup?

Mine are molting real bad at the moment and losing fur on the rear end more.

Just check underneath and in and around the folds underneath to make sure its clean and dry too.

Hope that helps

sweety

Back