• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick question

I usually feed celery, pepper, spinachs, green beans... but I think they are becoming to spoiled. The first (and only time) I feed them Spring Greens they didnt even look at them (they are susually very greedy) but Im now thinking about reducing vegetables amount and variety...

a few weeks after i got my bunnies, i heard a sad, :cry: sad story on radio four. a farmer from yorkshire had lost her entire crop - the rabbits got in and ate the lot. she had been growing...................spring greens! see me, down the supermarket an hour later, buying up the spring greens for matthew and tabitha! :lol::lol: yes, they love them. not every day, but probably more often than any other veg.:wave:

spring greens or fresh greens as sometimes called i ntesco are fine to be given daily if not used to lots of veg build it up slowly!
ps :wave: how is fanta doing thes days? is she still with george? x

They still together and fine. George is less "wild" and Fanta is as sweet as always. Yesterday we fed them the greens and they liked them!! Thanks for your advice.
Do you anyway think is good to feed them a variety of vegetables???

I feed mainly spring greens and then as a treat spinach, kale and carrot tops as they are high in calcium. They also get some carrot occasionally (high in sugar). I also feed a variety of herbs which they love too. Not chives though as these are onion based which can be poisonous to buns.

They still together and fine. George is less "wild" and Fanta is as sweet as always. Yesterday we fed them the greens and they liked them!! Thanks for your advice.
Do you anyway think is good to feed them a variety of vegetables???

great news :) i like feeding a variety... mine get dandilions from the garden, apple tree leaves from a neighbouring tree that kindly donates..lol and they get grass too(for indoor bunnys you can grow gras in trays) mine get herbs while really expensive in tesco you can get mint, corriander and parsley in asda for a big bunch at 66p!! so its not so bad other people grow it in pots (herbs i mean) mine get little slices of carrot and apple too they love this. i think its nice to get a variety so long as its all introduced bit at a time and slowly else they might get runny poops! mine have small amounts of broccolli and celery and spinach sometimes as a treat too!

Mine usually get spring greens every day along with another couple of other veg. I rotate between celery, peppers, apple, carrots, cucumber, cauliflower and broccolli. I also pick dandelions, plaintains and other weeds that I know they can eat. I gave them coriander tonight and they like it.

Back