• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange man in Town

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I work in manchester city centre (right on piccadilly gardens) and i was on my lunch break when i saw a topless man dressed in tribal gear with a flower on hid head. Now i didn't really give him a second thought at first due to the sheer volume of nutters in manchester centre. But, as he got closer i saw he was carrying a REW mini lop :shock:. Just carrying him/her around a city centre with him. He/she did not look well at all and was EXTREMELY thin and probably terrified of the noise. It wasn't in a carrier or even a lead or anything he was just wandering around with it. I was SO tempted to either do a leona lewis and offer him money for it (though i dont think i could quite muster 1k) or kick him in the goolies and run off. I didn't think work would appreciate me taking a rabbit n though and quite frankly i was in utter shock and he was gone before i registered the situation. Anyway, i got back into wok and told people in the office and they said he and the rabbit had been around for a while and he just carries it around with him. I hung around for an hour after work to see if i could spot him and do something but he wasn't there :(

I don't know what to do i feel so bad for the poor little mite :(

If you see him again, can't you just go ask him about it?
After all, it's not fair on the rabbit.

Poor little bunny :(

My o/h cycles through centre of Manchester every day on his way to work, I'll ask him to keep an eye out too. Although I don't know what he'd be able to do really, unless he attempts a bunny grab and cycles off very fast.

I can't imagine how terrified little bun must be in the city centre with all those people and all that noise :(

Poor little guy, rather strange that one. Although I would be reluctant to go up to him just incase he becomes violent. There has been a few cases in Liverpool like this (not with rabbits) Maybe if you see someone talking to him and he 'appears' ok then ask him about it.

Maybe I'm too cautious! :D

Good grief. :( I'm surprised the bunny doesn't try to make a run for it. The sad thing is the bunny might be the blokes only friend and he probably loves it dearly and doesn't think for one moment he's doing anything to harm it.

I know exactly who you are on about :(

I saw him in Starbucks the other day :( He tried getting me to buy a cup of coffee off him :roll: complete with bunny in hand.

I asked about the bun and said I'd buy the poor bunny of him instead and he point blank refused. He then asked if I had any food for it, which I did as I'd been bunny veg shopping so fed it a tiny bit of celery and greens and the poor bun must have been starving and snaffled it off me really quickly :( I said how dangerous it is to have the poor mite out and how scared it must be but he reckoned s/he loved it and then practically ran off when he realised how determined I was to get the bun :(

how awful. poor bun must be terrified. even i hate manchester centre! too many people! and noise!

my bf goes through town everyday, i'll get him to keep a look out aswell.

he probably does`nt realise he is harming the poor rabbit, if he is carrying it around all day it must be starving and thirsty.:cry: if i tried to carry my two anywhere i would be bleeding to death by now.:shock:

I know the guy. He got it a few weeks ago and has been carrying it round since. He went from Manchester city centre to Chorlton one night. The staff at the manchester RSPCA stopped him and managed to get him to put it in a pet carrier, but that is all they could do. I think he's mentally not all there tbh. I'm not sure what the RSPCA could do, he moves around too much :(

If you know where he goes at a set time then you could report it to the RSPCA. You could also report his hang outs and they could maybe get the shop owner to call next time he's there.

They can legally pursue it rather than you committing theft!

Yeah i think i will ring them on tuesday. He is obviously quite well known just from the replies on here so i imagine they are already aware of his activities but hopefully i can help :(

He is definitely mentally ill which is sad but the bunny shouldn't suffer. I want to do seriously bad things to whoever sold/gave him that bun! :censored:

Back