• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Shows

sam3006

Warren Scout
I was just wondering about showing rabbits? i looked on the BRC but didnt really get it and then i looked for a association in my area there's no contact numbers. So i looked for rabbit shows at the local show ground and theres one at the end of nov so im going to have to wait for details closer to the time.

Can anyone give me any details of what happens or how i go about going or getting involved?

Thanks

Sam

PS. How do you make the funky banners with your rabbits on??? I want one!!:D

I assure you there are plenty of shows in the Nots area :)
PM me with any questions on the BRC
EDIT: Also, If you want I have a link to a site that will really help :wave:

yes please that would be really good! can i just go to a show to look and get an idea! thanks for your help!:)

That wouldn't really give you much, apart from an idea of different breeds and what a show looks like :?

The most important thing to do is join the BRC, then find a breeder near you and get some show quality rung rabbits.

Will pm you the links

Last edited:
there is london champs sept 12th always worth going i can meet you there if you can get
you need to get fur and feather magazine that has all the shows in it youhave to subcribe as you cant get it in the shops

To show a rabbit you need to get your bun from a BRC registered breeder... they then need to 'ring' your kit before their foot gets too bit (a ring around their back left leg that has a unique number on it) You will then need to register as a BRC member on the website for 6 months, I think it costs like £60 for 6 months and register the buns number to your name.

You then need to practice 'sitting' your bun... that is, getting the bun to sit in the way which the judges will be looking for... for example, netherlands dwarfs need to sit with their front paws close to their back paws so their bodies look nice and round with the back feet under the body and their short ears upright and touching.

The position the judges prefer depends on the breed and the things theyre looking for.

I dont really know how to register for a show though, I only know that much. The BRC website is hard to understand when it comes to upcoming shows... but the breeder you get the rabbit from should be able to guide you through this process.

To get a bun worth showing, generally you buy from a breeder that shows their animals, that way they are experienced in knowing what makes a good show bun of that breed.

Thats all I know, not that I totally agree with it, it can be stressful on the bun but I think some people on here do it.

To show a rabbit you need to get your bun from a BRC registered breeder... they then need to 'ring' your kit before their foot gets too bit (a ring around their back left leg that has a unique number on it) You will then need to register as a BRC member on the website for 6 months, I think it costs like £60 for 6 months and register the buns number to your name.

You then need to practice 'sitting' your bun... that is, getting the bun to sit in the way which the judges will be looking for... for example, netherlands dwarfs need to sit with their front paws close to their back paws so their bodies look nice and round with the back feet under the body and their short ears upright and touching.

The position the judges prefer depends on the breed and the things theyre looking for.

I dont really know how to register for a show though, I only know that much. The BRC website is hard to understand when it comes to upcoming shows... but the breeder you get the rabbit from should be able to guide you through this process.

To get a bun worth showing, generally you buy from a breeder that shows their animals, that way they are experienced in knowing what makes a good show bun of that breed.

Thats all I know, not that I totally agree with it, it can be stressful on the bun but I think some people on here do it.

it costs about £30 per year to join the brc £3.50 to transfere you rabbit to you name but as i said in other post if its not ringed already you have no chance of getting one on a nethie now
it is a idea to go look round shows first talk to people who show your welcome to ask me any questions , going to shows does give you an idea of how things work , gives you chance to talk to breeders and people who show the breed you want to show , showing you really need more than one bunny as you cant show that rabbit all the time as it will need to retire at some point , wont always be in condition we have 40+ rabbits not only 6 are what i would say ok to show now :? rest in molt :roll:
there is alot for you to learn so do ask questions etc
any good breeder wil have already started to train a show bunny to stand if yours wasnt rung when you got it it prob isnt showable
i really need to see pictures to look at and tell you what i think my daughter shows nethies

Back