• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baking Soda and Buns

sidereus7

Mama Doe
Once again, the American forums I've started posting on are scaring me.

People are suggesting putting baking soda at the bottom of your buns litter box, then cover it with newspaper so it smells nice. :shock:

Am I wrong, or is this a really stupid idea?

I have no idea I'm afraid. Not sure if baking soda is harmful to buns or not but I wouldn't like to try it (is baking soda the same as Bicarbonate of Soda? I know bicarb absorbs smells).

Megazorb does the same thing:lol:

The ladies at arc twickenham recommended using either bicarb of soda or baking soda or something like that to neutralise an area to use for bonding.. that was janice-arc and The Duchess, they'd be able to tell you which it was (sorry, am rubbish memory-wise!)

sure, use it for neutralising - I can't imagine it'd be wise to leave it in there with the buns though :? some buns will eat anything, and i bet it wouldnt be good for them.

The ladies at arc twickenham recommended using either bicarb of soda or baking soda or something like that to neutralise an area to use for bonding.. that was janice-arc and The Duchess, they'd be able to tell you which it was (sorry, am rubbish memory-wise!)

Yeah, I've definitely heard of using it to clean/neutralize an area, but not to fill up a litter pan. :? I just imagine that if they tried to dig in it, the dust would kick up in their eyes.

Also, this toy was invented by one of the members, and warmly accepted by the community:

deathtrap.jpg

I have a lot to teach my fellow Americans. :?

Also, this toy was invented by one of the members, and warmly accepted by the community:

deathtrap.jpg

I have a lot to teach my fellow Americans. :?

Now that's just asking for trouble :shock:

(The toy, not the teaching the Americans lol)

I mean really, if they dont get damages by baking soda dust in eyes, then they deffo will if they get one of those sticks in their eyes!

Well :shock::shock::shock::shock:
My bunny doesn't smell at all. But I'll try some baking powder in my gardening wellies :shock::wave:

Maybe they mean a really little sprinkle on the bottom.
That toy is scary.
i know some people put baking soda in there shoes to stop the smell.

howdy neighbor

Can I reiterate that I am really really glad that I found this forum? :lol:
you have yourself two very lovey rabbits,,they are sooooo cute,,...just had to tell you....you don,t live around northgate do you??-two idiots let lose with 20 rounds from an ak-47 assalt rifle last night,held up i-5 traffic for over two hours,..i am on your side of the pond/20 miles south of seattle/the other kent,wa.usa...sincerely james waller

you have yourself two very lovey rabbits,,they are sooooo cute,,...just had to tell you....you don,t live around northgate do you??-two idiots let lose with 20 rounds from an ak-47 assalt rifle last night,held up i-5 traffic for over two hours,..i am on your side of the pond/20 miles south of seattle/the other kent,wa.usa...sincerely james waller

Wow, I hadn't heard about that. That's some scary stuff! :shock: Luckily, I don't live around Northgate, but these days, crazies can be anywhere!

And it's great to have someone here in the Americas! You've found an excellent forum with lots of great info. :wave:

Maybe they mean a really little sprinkle on the bottom.

fabulous mental picture at that point! matthew's quizzical gaze when i inspect the cleanliness of his botty - and his possible expression if i sprinkled his nethers with bicarb! :lol::lol::lol:

fabulous mental picture at that point! matthew's quizzical gaze when i inspect the cleanliness of his botty - and his possible expression if i sprinkled his nethers with bicarb! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I know you know it wasn't the rabbit's bottom, but I'm with you on the mental picture. :lol:

You know what I have a mental picture of having used the chemical reaction of bicarb and vinegar to clean stuff? The rabbit weeing on the bicarb and it running in terror as the litter tray foams up.

I would think it would be easier to just clean the litter trays out more often than faff about with odour control. It's not worth making a curious rabbit sick over.

As for the super eye poker outer of a toy. What the... :shock:

Back