• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on the trio please

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
They have been together since wednesday evening. Jelly has groomed both domino and pebbles but as soon as she grooms them she nips them. Now while i know this is normal, should it still be going on this many days down the line, i feel like we are making no progress?!

Jelly loves domino but as soon as pebbles goes near she shoos her away. This is what happened last year and peanut bullied her so i split them. Without peanut around i figured it would make it easier but it now seems as Jelly has taken the boss role things are just the same.

Would you continue, is it still early days? I want jelly to have company but i dont want pebbles sad either. Technically its easier for them to be a trio as they could have the whole 6 x 4 shed and run to themselves and its easier for my mum when im at uni. If i split, then i need to get another friend for jelly.

x

Keep 'em together... I think shes showing the others who is boss.... its not unusual for one of the buns to be in charge... just keep an eye she doesnt cause any damage.

Hope all is well :)

it is now sunday, and nothing has changed. They are fine together and dont fight when its food time etc but if pebbles goes near jelly jelly will just nip her and pebbles runs away and nothing is changing.

Ive bonded bunnies before, but theres just no progress at all :? they havent fought once, but jelly is just constantly nipping pebbles :cry:

sounds like you're having more luck than I was...my boys fought visciously :( I'm having to wait 2 months for hormones to die down before I try again! Keep at it!

i personally want to give it a week/10 days and if its not working after that to leave it. Mum wants me to give it a few MONTHS because she doesnt want another bunny.

i understand that, but im not going to force a trio because it works better for us. if it works its for the bunnies.

off to check them now, i bet it will be either pebbles on her own or jelly on her own!:roll:

Personally I'd confine their space so they're together and then increase their space slightly every week.

i personally want to give it a week/10 days and if its not working after that to leave it. Mum wants me to give it a few MONTHS because she doesnt want another bunny.

i understand that, but im not going to force a trio because it works better for us. if it works its for the bunnies.

off to check them now, i bet it will be either pebbles on her own or jelly on her own!:roll:

Thats ok.... Pebbles can come and live in my bed... awww... beautiful snuggles :p

Thats ok.... Pebbles can come and live in my bed... awww... beautiful snuggles :p

I think Hetty will be there wayyyy before you im afraid! everytime she comes round i swear shes conjuring up a little plan to pinch her!

Hetty - They are now in an indoor cage as they just chases and chased, i feel so mean confining them to such a small space :cry:

I think Hetty will be there wayyyy before you im afraid! everytime she comes round i swear shes conjuring up a little plan to pinch her!

Hetty - They are now in an indoor cage as they just chases and chased, i feel so mean confining them to such a small space :cry:

Don't feel mean. When I bonded Cookie&Treacle with their two new friends Treacle would NOT stop chasing and nipping one so I put them in a carrier and then when they settled into that cage that your trio are most probably in (red one). I then slowly up-ed space and if they chased they'd go in small cage to stop it.
After a while they established who was boss and when we went to visit Treacle was snuggled up with him behind the door!

Don't feel mean. When I bonded Cookie&Treacle with their two new friends Treacle would NOT stop chasing and nipping one so I put them in a carrier and then when they settled into that cage that your trio are most probably in (red one). I then slowly up-ed space and if they chased they'd go in small cage to stop it.
After a while they established who was boss and when we went to visit Treacle was snuggled up with him behind the door!

no there in a cage very similar its slightly bigger but not much, im only using that one cus the whole side opens where as that red one only has a little door so its harder to use in the small shed!

but its pretty much the same. how long did it take for them to stop chasing?

She is just constantly nipping pebbles

Strawberry still chases and nips Snowdrop alot and they have been bonded for about 3 months now! If he was causing any real harm to her then I would separate them but she clearly loves him to bits despite how mean he is to her so I just leave them to it!

Strawberry still chases and nips Snowdrop alot and they have been bonded for about 3 months now! If he was causing any real harm to her then I would separate them but she clearly loves him to bits despite how mean he is to her so I just leave them to it!

well mine often do that, peanut used to do it to jelly but they would still snuggle and stuff. pebbles wont go near jelly, its different, i know what you mean, but its more like shes scared of her xxx

well mine often do that, peanut used to do it to jelly but they would still snuggle and stuff. pebbles wont go near jelly, its different, i know what you mean, but its more like shes scared of her xxx

Ah bless her. She might come round in eventually but if she isnt gonna be happy in the trio then I guess its not fair on her.

Just went to peek and its so blimming hot in the shed! They are still in the indoor cage and all three are laying on top of each other :D:D:D finnnnally!

we have moved the indoor cage into a run, in the shade as the shed is far too hot so now ive disturbed them but they seem to be getting better :)

Just went to peek and its so blimming hot in the shed! They are still in the indoor cage and all three are laying on top of each other :D:D:D finnnnally!

we have moved the indoor cage into a run, in the shade as the shed is far too hot so now ive disturbed them but they seem to be getting better :)

Yay! That's a really good sign! :wave:

My four took 5 weeks to settle!! Very early days yet hun, saffy is still a little bit bossy with the others, she chases dreamer/tinks now and then in the garden but then the next minute they are flopped together :roll: bunnies hey!!

i opened up the cage to see if they wanted to stretch their legs, as i think jelly will be more grouchy if shes cooped up. so i let them out, and all THREE of them were binkying around together. jelly hasnt binkied since peanut died so its a big thing for her :)

She chased pebbles a bit but then her and pebbles flopped down next to each other so while theres chasing going on, pebbles clearly isnt bothered :)

SJ Jelly sounds like she is behaving just like Poppy was when I bonded my three :roll: :roll: She still chases Sweetpea sometimes but most of the time they love each other, and Gus loves them both :D

SJ Jelly sounds like she is behaving just like Poppy was when I bonded my three :roll: :roll: She still chases Sweetpea sometimes but most of the time they love each other, and Gus loves them both :D

but how do u know sweetpea isnt bothered by it? i feellike pebbles is being bullied :oops::lol:

p.s dinky is fine :D

Back