• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe.... but I have no microwave?!?!

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Hi there

Winter is coming and I am looking at ways to keep little Rimmi warm because my OH and I dont have Central Heating and we use blankies and clothes to keep us warm....

Is there any way to heat a snugglesafe without a microwave??

Has anyone on here ever had 'my first bed' by snugglesafe? Is really expencive but was worried about the size really as I dont have a ruler to hand.... Rimmi is only small

If you have any other ideas how to keep him warm this winter, please help!!

Many thanks!

Jeanna and Rimmi

I've been meaning to ask the same question for ages as I've not got a microwave either. Central heating is rationed in this house, I'm usually sporting several jumpers and a blanket in the depths of winter too :lol:

I was thinking of getting Rimmi a few jumpers but I doubt he'd like that!!

:p

I've been meaning to ask the same question for ages as I've not got a microwave either. Central heating is rationed in this house, I'm usually sporting several jumpers and a blanket in the depths of winter too :lol:

I was thinking of getting Rimmi a few jumpers but I doubt he'd like that!!

:p

:lol::lol::lol:

When Daisy arrived in January it was freezing in my place as the boiler had broken, but she'd been an outside bun beforehand and as she had plenty of hay to snuggle in she seemed fine. This winter she'll have Jester to snuggle up to, so I'm sure they'll be ok. Maybe Rimmi needs a girlfriend for winter ;)

Hes only 3 months old and not yet neutered..... but that isnt the biggest problem..... it was hard enough to convince my OH to let me have Rimmi (and I have to pay etc etc all by myself, which is what I have always done for my pets anyways) I dont think he'd be happy to let me have another for a while... even though that is my long term plan :p (dont tell him!!)

:lol::lol::lol:

When Daisy arrived in January it was freezing in my place as the boiler had broken, but she'd been an outside bun beforehand and as she had plenty of hay to snuggle in she seemed fine. This winter she'll have Jester to snuggle up to, so I'm sure they'll be ok. Maybe Rimmi needs a girlfriend for winter ;)

We had to buy a microwave especially for the heatpads last winter :roll: It hasn't been used all summer, in fact I'm not sure it has ever had food in it :lol:

We dont really have room for a microwave though... its a small flat.... is there no other way to heat them??

Plus, me and my OH have a thing against microwaves.... purely a lazy cooking type hate after living with other students that lived on microwave meals.... *blurgh*

We had to buy a microwave especially for the heatpads last winter :roll: It hasn't been used all summer, in fact I'm not sure it has ever had food in it :lol:

If you had an outdoor bun, and it was freezing outside, then what would happen when the heat pad cooled down :? Wouldn't the poor thing freeze to death?

We dont really have room for a microwave though... its a small flat.... is there no other way to heat them??

Plus, me and my OH have a thing against microwaves.... purely a lazy cooking type hate after living with other students that lived on microwave meals.... *blurgh*

We didn't have space either so we rehomed our goldfish to a good friend to make space. I felt incredibly guilty as I have never rehomed a pet before :(

I hate microwaves too, like I said never used it for cooking but we decided the bunnies needs had to come first :)

Just looked at the instruction leaflet and it gives the microwave instructions. In the small print it says "Do not heat in a conventional oven or by any other means" So nope sorry.

i dont think you need one to be honest with you. I only use them for poorly or elderly, recovering from surgery bunnies i personally dont think a healthy rabbit needs one.

my bunnies have never had one and there all fine.

Is Rimmi an indoor bunny? If he is then even without central heating I doubt your house would drop that cold that he would need a snugglesafe. I would just make sure he has some blankets and maybe a soft cat bed with a hood.

He will become aclimatised (sp?) to the cold as the house slowly drops in temperature over the winter and as long as its not draughty im sure he will be fine indoors with the central heating.

I dont have mine on during the day as were both at work all day and my bunnies have always been fine.

Are you sure?

Hes very little!!

Is Rimmi an indoor bunny? If he is then even without central heating I doubt your house would drop that cold that he would need a snugglesafe. I would just make sure he has some blankets and maybe a soft cat bed with a hood.

He will become aclimatised (sp?) to the cold as the house slowly drops in temperature over the winter and as long as its not draughty im sure he will be fine indoors with the central heating.

I dont have mine on during the day as were both at work all day and my bunnies have always been fine.

what do little nethies do when they are outside in winter? I know its a worry but honestly i dont see there being a problem!

Are you sure?

Hes very little!!

Yes! He will be fine! He's a rabbit, what do you think wild bunnies do when its -5 outside?

I doubt your house ever drops below 10C which is how cold it can get overnight in the summer when most bunnies are outside!!!

Im just an over protective mummy!!

And besides, my outdoor buns always had:

- A fleece cover covered by
- A waterproof tar palin (blue plastic how ever you spell it thingy)
- Lots of hay in their bed and
- At least one other bunny to snuggle

And they were bigger and fluffier!!

Lol

Im just an over protective mummy!!

And besides, my outdoor buns always had:

- A fleece cover covered by
- A waterproof tar palin (blue plastic how ever you spell it thingy)
- Lots of hay in their bed and
- At least one other bunny to snuggle

And they were bigger and fluffier!!

Lol

Best thing you can do is make sure Rimmi has a shelter to go in indoors, something that is covered over or solid. A snuggly bed and lots of hay/stra to snuggle into and he will be fine.

Back