• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its last chance saloon for Lionel :( UPDATE 02/09

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Took Lionel back to the vets today about his breathing, he has been back on depocilin 11 days now after a 10 day break and it hasn't touched him.
He had also lost weight again even though i have been hand feeding him lots of extra food he is only 670g now wasting away :cry:
C took one look at him and said this is it we must try the last option available, the dreaded steriod, so he had a steroid injection today but he is also to remain on depocilin.
If she is correct in her thinking that he has lots of micro abcess on his lungs this could finish him off :cry: I am praying it will have the opposite effect so if you have any vibes we would be REALLY grateful.
My vet is also not on call over this long weekend so i am absolutly petrified :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Katie my Sarah had an extra 11 months of good quality life thanks to a combination of Depocillin/Dexafort. She had severe lung abscessation and fibrosis. I really, really hope that the treatment regime will buy your special little man some extra time too

Give me a ring if you need any moral support
xx

Is there any medication that can be used through a nebulizer to penetrate deeper into the lungs? I'm not sure how abscesses work, but I know nebulizers can really help sometimes.

Sending lots of get better vibes. xxx

Katie, you have no idea how sorry I am to here that Lionel hasn't improved :(:(

I will be praying that the medication can help him and give you some more precious time with him.

Thinking of you both xxxx

Sending lots of healing <<<<<vibes>>>>> for Lionel - hope he overcomes his latest problems. Stay strong.

Thank you everyone, i did ask about the nebulizer but C doesn't think that Lionel will tolerate it :(

I'm sorry to hear it. :( Maybe it could still be a last ditch effort, or at least worth a try, if things don't work out on your current course.

Still sending loads of vibes. xxx

Back