PDA

View Full Version : Its last chance saloon for Lionel :( UPDATE 02/09

angeleyes
28-08-2009, 11:09 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Took Lionel back to the vets today about his breathing, he has been back on depocilin 11 days now after a 10 day break and it hasn't touched him.
He had also lost weight again even though i have been hand feeding him lots of extra food he is only 670g now wasting away :cry:
C took one look at him and said this is it we must try the last option available, the dreaded steriod, so he had a steroid injection today but he is also to remain on depocilin.
If she is correct in her thinking that he has lots of micro abcess on his lungs this could finish him off :cry: I am praying it will have the opposite effect so if you have any vibes we would be REALLY grateful.
My vet is also not on call over this long weekend so i am absolutly petrified :cry: :cry:

clutterydrawer
28-08-2009, 11:10 PM
poor little one :( It must be awful for you having to watch him get worse, you are both in my thoughts.

Bunny Buddy
28-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Sending loads of vibes.

antigone
28-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Lionel xx

Bunnyaddict
28-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh Katie poor little Lionel :cry: Lots of vibes for your brave boy & (((hugs))) for you xxx

happybun
28-08-2009, 11:28 PM
vibes for lionel

lilbun
28-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I hope Lionel manages to get through this crisis xx

Jack's-Jane
29-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Katie my Sarah had an extra 11 months of good quality life thanks to a combination of Depocillin/Dexafort. She had severe lung abscessation and fibrosis. I really, really hope that the treatment regime will buy your special little man some extra time too

Give me a ring if you need any moral support
xx

sidereus7
29-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Is there any medication that can be used through a nebulizer to penetrate deeper into the lungs? I'm not sure how abscesses work, but I know nebulizers can really help sometimes.

Sending lots of get better vibes. xxx

Maizey
29-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Sending massive vibes Lionels way

biscandmatt1
29-08-2009, 07:19 AM
sending loads of vibes. xxx

Tinsel
29-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Oh no! Sending Lionel millions of bunny-vibes xxx

BeatrixPotter
29-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh no, poor Lionel.:(

Sending LOTS of vibes his way.

donnamt
29-08-2009, 07:35 AM
:(:(:(:( sending every vibe i can make for little Lionel.. he just has to get better xxxxxxxxxx

giantbunnymummy
29-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Poor Lionel :(

Millions of vibes for him.

oveione
29-08-2009, 08:52 AM
sending loads of vibes for your little man

Hugo's There
29-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Katie, you have no idea how sorry I am to here that Lionel hasn't improved :(:(

I will be praying that the medication can help him and give you some more precious time with him.

Thinking of you both xxxx

angeleyes
29-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you everyone, i did ask about the nebulizer but C doesn't think that Lionel will tolerate it :(

Mackers
29-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Sending lots of healing <<<<<vibes>>>>> for Lionel - hope he overcomes his latest problems. Stay strong.

sidereus7
29-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Thank you everyone, i did ask about the nebulizer but C doesn't think that Lionel will tolerate it :(

I'm sorry to hear it. :( Maybe it could still be a last ditch effort, or at least worth a try, if things don't work out on your current course.

Still sending loads of vibes. xxx

Hugo's There
29-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Any news on Lionel? I have been thinking of you all, all day xx

angeleyes
29-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Any news on Lionel? I have been thinking of you all, all day xx

Thank you Liz, he is much the same the steroid doesn't appear to have had any effect on him yet :?
The OH gave me a scare earlier when he screamed for me that Lionel didn't look to good; i had been up there with them 5 mins before and he was fine i raced upstairs and he was laying down breathing heavily but jumped straight up when i went running in :roll: I nearly had a heart attack!

Ted an Petal
29-08-2009, 11:37 PM
just read this, so sorry about lionel having problems. sounds exactly like what my poor ralph went through, once we got xrays done and seen the abccess's we made a tough decision of PTS but it was our last act of kindess to him. i really hope lionel can make it. sending loads of vibes.

TeflonsShadow
29-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Big mega super duper healing vibes for Lionel!

angeleyes
30-08-2009, 09:41 AM
just read this, so sorry about lionel having problems. sounds exactly like what my poor ralph went through, once we got xrays done and seen the abccess's we made a tough decision of PTS but it was our last act of kindess to him. i really hope lionel can make it. sending loads of vibes.

So the abcess's showed up on the x-ray? Lionel has had x-rays and they came back clear so we don't know for sure that is what it is :?

The Duchess
30-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Thinking of you all Katie.

angeleyes
02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Well we have just got back from the vets, Steroid and depocillin appear to have had no effect on his breathing whatsoever, i was just trying to convince myself over the weekend that the steroid had worked wonders when it hadn't :( He had also lost another 5g.

She was at least happy that the steroid didn't make him worse, there is not a lot else we can do now, we have decided to stop depocillin and the steroid and see what happens (he will continue to be treated with panacur like all the other buns here)

Not sure where that leaves us now but as long as he is still happy i am happy.

We did discuss PTS and she said no way even if i asked for it she wouldn't do it now, he is still bright in his eyes and bouncing around, eating and pooping, she said she would definately tell me when she thinks the time has come...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and vibes, we will now enjoy everyday we have together how ever many that will be x

donnamt
02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
i have everything crossed he gets his miracle hun xxxx

Hugo's There
02-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm so sorry the meds have not helped him :(

I hope you still have many happy days together ahead of you xxx

The Duchess
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Please give Lionel a big nose snog from us lot. He's such a brave little soldier.

Jack's-Jane
02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Katie as long as Lionel is feeling well he really wont have a clue about his illness. He is obviously still very happy :)
C would never allow a Bun in her professional care to suffer and if she thought Lionel was she would DEFINATELY say so.

Lots of nose-rubs to him :love: :love:

angeleyes
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys x

Bunnyaddict
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
So sorry the steroids haven't made much difference Katie :(

Sending lots more vibes for your brave wee boy & hoping you get lots more happy times together xxx

halfpenny
02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear your Lionel is so ill. When we had our Smokey we tried steriod injections which had no effect, it was then we tried the aerocat inhaler, we used the bronchiodilator and the steriod inhaler and they seemed to help because it went straight to the source, there are also less risks using this way to introduce the steriod. We also used corvental-d 100, another bronchiodialtor.
Not sure if this is any help, but thought it might be worth mentioning.:)