• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is her colour called?

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I have just got Sammy a new friend, a gorgeous baby lop. She is a seal point, her main body colour is a caramel type colour, more apricot than brown. What is the correct name for this colour (must get photos up, she is beautiful!)?

Last edited:
Tortoiseshell?

Lilac tort...
lilac-tort.jpg

Blue tort...
Blue%20tort%20doe.jpg

Black tort...
IMG_0089.jpg

Chocolate tort...
ChocTort-HHJoy2.jpg

If the rabbit still has it's baby coat, it might look lighter than it will when it's in adult coat. The lilac and blue tort rabbits will have a more fawn coloured coat with the shadings. The black and chocolate tort rabbits will have a more orange coloured rabbit with the shadings.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I think she looks most like the top one but she doesn't have the sooty undertones in her coat.:? Would be a lot easier if I got a photo up eh?! Sorry!

Looking at the colour on the nose, I'm almost positive she is a black tort (tortoiseshell). The shadings are likely to get darker the older she gets.

If you look at my siggi, I've also got a black tort :) Although he has more shading.

Back