• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training does

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Have you found spaying makes any difference to litter training in does - do they tend to be less messy afterwards, or does it not have any effect?

Tinkerbell and Sooty were always really good with their litter trays both before and after they were spayed :D

Tinks was a nightmare both before and after (I've only owned her after but she was a legend for digging her tray).

I can't really remember with the others. I had an unspayed doe, Scrappy who weed in her tray but always pooped next to her tray, only very occasional stray poops would go in the tray, bless her.

Esme is really clean in her habits, I don't remember her being any different before being spayed, she has *possibly* improved.

Er i wouldnt really say a difference tbh. My young female was amazing at litter training before, not a single poo anywhere other than her litter box! And is the same now.

One of my rabbits was great at weeing both before and after in her box, but poos more scattered even afterwards. And another of my females refuses to be litter trained before and after, shes taken to changing her wee area every day now too!

My male i saw a difference with, he wee'd in his box before and did a few poos, but most poos in his cage, now the majority of his poos are in his box too, but he does have a few elsewhere

Back