• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crates

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Have people got pic's of 48" and 42" crates with pics of their rabbits in?

I would like to get a proper idea of the size of them with rabbit in situ as it's really hard to gauge how big they are without the rabbits for comparison :D

I want to get a proper indoor bedtime setup for Louie, with a base to it, as he is in a puppy pen at night atm which I then have to dismantle in the daytime. Would prefer something with a base so I can just move it into the garage in the daytime.

not the best picture but it gives you an idea

2599781271_e0635df5c9.jpg

They are huge and do impose on a room, also they are very heavy! It would be a big task to move the whole thing everyday!

Thanks everyone :D

I don't mind the huge bit but I really wanted to be able to move it from the conservatory into the garage everyday, would that be a real issue? :?

I only want to put him in there at night just in case he decides to be a chewer. The rest of the time we can keep an eye on him :D

:wave: ive posted some picks of my dog crate on here a while back. My big computer is broken, and it wont let me do it on my accer (im blaming the computer not me:oops::lol:

Sorry, Minilop, I'm not sure what you mean :oops:

I think she/he meant to have 2 set up's to save you moving it everyday .... but I am assuming that you are moving it due to space? if not, could you not just leave the set up and let the rabbit(s) out when you are there?

Oh yes, it's the space reason that I want to move it for as I have to have the setup in front of a cupboard in the conservatory which is ok at night but would be in the way during the daytime.

Moving it would be an issue, you would have to collapse it everytime you moved it and therefore remove everything off the base, a 48 inch would not fit though a standard size internal door I don't think either. I have a 42 inch one in storage, I hated it to be honest. I found it very messy and ugly (even though it's pink! lol)

Couldn't you have a 48 inch in the garage on a night and let him free range during the day?

Last edited:
Hmmm never thought of it not fitting through the doorway!

The whole idea is to be able to move the whole lot without dismantling it, it's a right pain!

Ok, are there any rabbit cages that are large enough for a rabbit overnight AND easy to carry AND will fit through a doorway??

Maybe you could get a hutch for the garage on a night? Then if you bunny proof your house he can be free range? Or maybe live in a couple of rooms with baby gates?

Hmmm never thought of it not fitting through the doorway!

The whole idea is to be able to move the whole lot without dismantling it, it's a right pain!

Ok, are there any rabbit cages that are large enough for a rabbit overnight AND easy to carry AND will fit through a doorway??

panelled pens with a net on top :D

I can only just get a 3 ft crate through our doors. What about a small playhouse in the garage which could be insulated and a playpen that can be put away easily in the house. You will have to be very careful about changes in temperatures in winter.

Yes, all good possibilities :D

I've only had him for about 12 days so he is still finding his paws here, so still a bit shy! Don't think his true personality has come through yet so he may well turn out to be a chewer though he hasn't had a go at anything yet :D

Tinkerbell never chewed anything so I was fine leaving her freeranging and I just restricted her to the large kitchen at night. I'm not brave enough to try this with Louie yet!

I think I will go with setting something up in the garage for him for the night time. I can give him a snugglesafe in winter and put a thick blanket over the cage.

I didn't realise that the dog cages would be so heavy, thought I could just kind of move it around when I felt like it :oops:

Yes, all good possibilities :D

I've only had him for about 12 days so he is still finding his paws here, so still a bit shy! Don't think his true personality has come through yet so he may well turn out to be a chewer though he hasn't had a go at anything yet :D

Tinkerbell never chewed anything so I was fine leaving her freeranging and I just restricted her to the large kitchen at night. I'm not brave enough to try this with Louie yet!

I think I will go with setting something up in the garage for him for the night time. I can give him a snugglesafe in winter and put a thick blanket over the cage.

I didn't realise that the dog cages would be so heavy, thought I could just kind of move it around when I felt like it :oops:

:) They are deceptively heavy and very difficult to move around due to their size. I wouldn't recommend them to be honest.

Back