• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of neutering?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Hi
I was just wondering how much you payed for your rabbit neutering? (UK)
I have 3 rabbits, all male, one small, one large (not giant) and one rabbit that's about 12 weeks old.
I would love to be able to keep them together in a trio, and was wondering how much it would cost.
And are there any good rabbit savy vets in West Yorkshire?

I don't know any vets in the West Yorkshire area (I'm in East Yorks) - sorry. My boys buns were about £40 and my girls were about £60. I would definitely recommend bonding them into a trio!

The thing is, I've just spent all my money on seperate hutches for them. There's no way I can join the hutches together, and if I did get all 3 neutered and bonded, I'd need a new hutch.

I have a group of 4 and I bought a shed for them. Is there anyway to sell the hutches and then buy a shed (borrow the money as the shed would have to be set up first?). I have 2 males & 2 females, the females were £50 each and the males were £40 each to neuter but I know it really does depends on vets/areas.

HTH a little

I've asked my Dad, and he might be able to make a giant hutch :)
I have to find a vets near me now that will do it for £40 or less :roll:

I paid £50 for my male bunny to be neutered. I think it really ranges depending on the area. £15 is very cheap!!

I would however, find a decent rabbit savvy vet, and not just go for the cheapest :) xXx

I paid £50 for my male bunny to be neutered. I think it really ranges depending on the area. £15 is very cheap!!

I would however, find a decent rabbit savvy vet, and not just go for the cheapest :) xXx

I would love to get the best vet, but I recently took in a new bun, and the costs are just going up and up.

my female was spayed today and the first vet i tried was £89 and the one I eventually had her spayed at was £71. I couldn't find any cheaper :? but at least she is done and I can find her a husband soon, thats the main thing :D

My male was around 40ish recently, and my females just under 60.

Around 40 for males seems to be quite common, i wouldnt expect to get them done for 15...with anaestetic and pain relief it cant be that cheap, vets barely make any money from neutors as it is apparently.

Joining 2 of the cages and pens together shouldnt be too much of an issue- even 3 could be done- youll just need a bit of wire and a bit of wood, which if you shop around could be got quite cheaply. If you maybe posted pictures of the pens and cages, i bet simon could give you tips on how to do it, he seems quite good with that kinda thing!

Well one is loads higher than the other, and made of really thick heavy wood. I can barely move each hutch on it's own never mind both together. It would also look a complete mess. One hutch (a double) is a creamy colour, with a flat blue roof. The other is a single hutch which is bright orange and has a sloped red roof.

My dad said it would just be easier to make a new one :lol:

My male was around 40ish recently, and my females just under 60.

Around 40 for males seems to be quite common, i wouldnt expect to get them done for 15...with anaestetic and pain relief it cant be that cheap, vets barely make any money from neutors as it is apparently.

Joining 2 of the cages and pens together shouldnt be too much of an issue- even 3 could be done- youll just need a bit of wire and a bit of wood, which if you shop around could be got quite cheaply. If you maybe posted pictures of the pens and cages, i bet simon could give you tips on how to do it, he seems quite good with that kinda thing!

That reads like you don't believe I paid £15 :?. I can assure you that I did. One of the rescues on here also uses the same vet.

I think it depends on the vet and how much profit they want to make.
I was watching a program a few months ago, where they took a perfectly healthy rabbit to various vets, and were charged for treatments the rabbit didn't even need.

You could sell the hutches. I sold my two thistle hall hutches when i bonded my lot and I got about £60 each on ebay. Hutches appeared at the time to be in high demand. Sold my hutch hugers and snuggles aswell. It all helped in the purchase of my bunny shed x

Back