• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

german lop query

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
could anyone let me know a bit about these lovely bunnies? i'm reading loads of stuff but thought i'd ask on here for 'hands on' info from anyone who does or has shared their life with a german lop. (no, i am not thinking of bonding eric nethie with one:lol:)

thank you.

I know they're fairly big, that's pretty much it :lol:
They also don't seem very active

I have an agouti - Milly and an agouti butterfly - Butters. They are sisters, five months old, still rather small but their parents were very big bunnies so i hope they'll grow bigger sooon!!

They have the personality of a dog :lol: they follow me everywhere, always begging for treats. cheeky little devils, they are very active, playful and very curious, not affraid to investigate anything new.

149_3290.jpg

151_3462.jpg

I have an agouti - Milly and an agouti butterfly - Butters. They are sisters, five months old, still rather small but their parents were very big bunnies so i hope they'll grow bigger sooon!!

They have the personality of a dog :lol: they follow me everywhere, always begging for treats. cheeky little devils, they are very active, playful and very curious, not affraid to investigate anything new.

149_3290.jpg

151_3462.jpg

:love: why did you post pictures:cry: i'm in turmoil here now! they're gorgeous:D

You should get one.. Or two ;)

i could have done. but he was a boy. and i don't have room for an eric, a possible girl for eric, a boy german lop and a friend for a boy german lop:( sadly:(

trying desperately to forget about the little guy (well, large little guy). i've asked around all my friends but most of them still think i'm odd having a house rabbit so when i mentioned the big boy would need a shed not a hutch......:roll:

OH away next week with his daughter. think he'd notice if a german lop moved into the bedroom;)

:lol: certainly not!!! My dad never notices new animals - its a man thing, they dont pay attention.

The day i got my girls my dad drove me to pick them up and he didnt realize i'd got two of them until a few weeks later :lol:

:lol: certainly not!!! My dad never notices new animals - its a man thing, they dont pay attention.

The day i got my girls my dad drove me to pick them up and he didnt realize i'd got two of them until a few weeks later :lol:

:lol: lucky you!!!

my OH is soooo jealous of eric i dread to think what would happen if i housed a bun in the bedroom:p

germn lops are an amazing breed very soft and soppy , we have 7 at the moment 5 are live here and 2 boys waiting to go to new homes, they are a good szed rabbit which make great house rabbits for someone who wants a good sized rabbit but not a giant , they are generally a good natured breed never get stroppy always chilled out and relaxed all round nice breed of rabbit :love:

germn lops are an amazing breed very soft and soppy , we have 7 at the moment 5 are live here and 2 boys waiting to go to new homes, they are a good szed rabbit which make great house rabbits for someone who wants a good sized rabbit but not a giant , they are generally a good natured breed never get stroppy always chilled out and relaxed all round nice breed of rabbit :love:

Is it right that females should be spayed at 8 months rather than 6 months?

he'd gone. i went back and he'd gone:cry: no idea why but i was sooooo disappointed. for some reason that big fuzzy lump of rabbit really got to me. oh well. best forget him now and concentrate on small girls for eric rather than a huge boy that could squish him if they ever met:cry:

Is it right that females should be spayed at 8 months rather than 6 months?

if you are going to spay yes 8 mth for germans as they mature slower than most breeds and you will stunt their growth where you based ? im yorkshire you are welcome to come take a look and learn about the breed my 6 yr old daughter will be honored to introduce you to , lofty , nellie , mable , james and piglet lol

if you are going to spay yes 8 mth for germans as they mature slower than most breeds and you will stunt their growth where you based ? im yorkshire you are welcome to come take a look and learn about the breed my 6 yr old daughter will be honored to introduce you to , lofty , nellie , mable , james and piglet lol

Yorkshire is rather far from me sadly, but thanks anyway :D
I am new to German Lops, i have two little sisters, they are house bunnies. I love the breed, and cannot wait until my girls are fully grown! Do you have any photos of your bunnies?

he'd gone. i went back and he'd gone:cry: no idea why but i was sooooo disappointed. for some reason that big fuzzy lump of rabbit really got to me. oh well. best forget him now and concentrate on small girls for eric rather than a huge boy that could squish him if they ever met:cry:

Aaww :( I'm sorry. Ive met a few bunnies that i didn't get to take home, but they always stay in my head - like the REW French Lop i named Angel, i met her in a petshop about 3 years ago and i wanted her so much i cried when my parents forced me to leave without her :cry:

Aaww :( I'm sorry. Ive met a few bunnies that i didn't get to take home, but they always stay in my head - like the REW French Lop i named Angel, i met her in a petshop about 3 years ago and i wanted her so much i cried when my parents forced me to leave without her :cry:

they were trying to get rid of him quickly as he was 'old' - 5 months!!!:evil: apparently people prefer cute baby rabbits:? well, one day i will rehome a german lop as from what i've read about them - :love: shame a girly german lop wouldn't suit eric:?

Back