• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Separated for the day

Brennan

Alpha Buck
I have an established bonded trio, Lily has been to the vets today I know I need to be mindful of re-introducing them

As it has only been a day would it be ok to collect Lily with the other two in the carrier and bringing the three home together?

I'm quite new to bonded bunnies but Rudy has been at the vets overnight twice (ie separated from Tinks for about 20 hours in total) and they were fine being re-introduced.

The first time I just brought him home and put him back in their pen, within five minutes he was grooming her. The second time I used the method you are suggesting and took her to the vets in the carrier he travelled back home in. Sounds like a good plan to me.

A friend of mine had a trio, 1 boy 2 girls. One of the girls had stasis and was removed for treatment and had to stay indoors over night. Next morning she was put back with the other two but the other female attacked her. Over several months all manner of bonding techniques were tried, but they couldn't rebond :(

I am more worried about the girls that the boy, because I know girls can get a bit territorial however Lily and Dilly are sisters so they have never been apart

I am not sure what the time frame before a bond starts to diminish :?

I took her to the vets at 8am and I hope she will be back this evening

A friend of mine had a trio, 1 boy 2 girls. One of the girls had stasis and was removed for treatment and had to stay indoors over night. Next morning she was put back with the other two but the other female attacked her. Over several months all manner of bonding techniques were tried, but they couldn't rebond :(

The very same thing happened to us once, but on all other occassions there has never been a problem :)

The very same thing happened to us once, but on all other occassions there has never been a problem :)

:( I think I will just introduce them at home, somewhere nice and neutral rather than 'risk' the car journey :?

I have always been worried about this but it was a necessary thing.....

well so far no one seems to be 'bothered' that they were separated... they are all in a pen in the kitchen and seem more interested in 'digging' the sheet than each other!!

We have had cuddled and washes so they all seem happy *phew*

Back