• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:cry: How awful!

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I was just looking on Freecycle because my fridge has broken and look what I found:

"This was given to my children a couple of months ago,
but unfortunately the novelty has worn off and they are no longer interested in
looking after it.
It has a free run of the garden during the day, and comes with hutch.
He doesn't like to be picked up, but will come up to you for a fuss.

Please only reply if you can offer a good home please,
Would like collection tomorrow please

Thanks Julie"

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

What a horrible, dreadful parent!!! ARGH!!

This bun is in the Chelt area... I cant have him as I dont have the space, anyone know what I should do?!?!?!

Or this one:

"Hello
really need a rabbit hutch..
not bothered about size
can pick up this weekend or anytime next week.

Cressida"

Not bothered about size.....? If its a bun she is getting/ has, then she should be!!

Or this one:

"Hello
really need a rabbit hutch..
not bothered about size
can pick up this weekend or anytime next week.

Cressida"

Not bothered about size.....? If its a bun she is getting/ has, then she should be!!

maybe its for hospitalisation? or for playing in ? or just as a base for in the house free range.?

I wish I could think like that.... but if it were wanted for that type of use, they might have said?

I dont know

I regret joining FreeCycle :(

i do agree... i only say that as i treid helpfully telling soemone that a 3ft huhtch was no good and go the reply! my rabbits live i na 6ftx4ft shed!!! the 3ft hutch i wanted is simply somwhere extra as a bolt hole in the garden... will re advertise thanks for heads up i too strongly agree that bunnys shouldnt be in smal lcages.... still at least she wasnt grumpy with me!!!!

also seen this recently on my freecycle it really made me sad :(
"
Hi Does anyone have a medium size rabbit hutch looking for a good home?
We have one large white rabbit that lost his friend on Friday - so current hutch
is far too big..I would be really grateful if anyone has one we could have. Many
Thanks"
why just cuz bunny has lost its partner it should down size ihave no idea?!:(

How odd.... surely losing his friend and then moving him to a smaller hutch would be even more stress on the poor bun?? Ive never 'sized down' because Ive lost one.... never even crossed my mind!

i do agree... i only say that as i treid helpfully telling soemone that a 3ft huhtch was no good and go the reply! my rabbits live i na 6ftx4ft shed!!! the 3ft hutch i wanted is simply somwhere extra as a bolt hole in the garden... will re advertise thanks for heads up i too strongly agree that bunnys shouldnt be in smal lcages.... still at least she wasnt grumpy with me!!!!

also seen this recently on my freecycle it really made me sad :(
"
Hi Does anyone have a medium size rabbit hutch looking for a good home?
We have one large white rabbit that lost his friend on Friday - so current hutch
is far too big..I would be really grateful if anyone has one we could have. Many
Thanks"
why just cuz bunny has lost its partner it should down size ihave no idea?!:(

I have to say that I have been on freecycle asking for hutches in the past as when my rabbit had babies (esp the 2nd litter when I still had the first litter) I knew it was for a temp home so wasn't 'bothered' about size etc - not really true BUT i just didn't have the funds to buy lots of hutches/runs and then they wouldn't be used so was very greatful for anything (having said this, I did pick up a double hutch that the floor fell our of the bottom when I got it home and the top floor was covered in stuck poo/food/fur and who knows what and there was no way I could let any of my rabbits live in that - it is now in the bottom of the my garden where it has been from day one waiting for me to break it up and burn it!).

People are generally not worried about what you are going to use it for/how long for etc etc so I tend to keep all messages brief.

Back