• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BABY HEDGEHOG. (with photos)

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday someone gave my Husband a baby hedgehog that they had found stuck in a drain, I didn't realise just how young it was until Mike got home with it and it was in a little box and it's little feet were freezing so I put in in one of our pet carriers in a bunny napper with vet bed on the top and went on the internet to find our nearest hedgehog or wildlife rescue centre. The hedgehog trust centre near us couldn't take the wee thing as they were full with 40 hedgehogs but they gave us a phone number of a guy in Fulwood in Preston who takes them in and so we rang him and he said he would take it if we could drop the baby off. We called and got a carton of goats milk on the way as the guy said he hadn't got any as he had no babies in at the moment. Got there safely and he said the baby was about 3-4 weeks old. When I had picked it up it made like a little screaming noise and he said that's because he wants feeding and sometimes their Mothers will throw them out of the nest if they are very noisy because it can attract predators. Ah poor babies :(

Baby Hedgehog.

27-8-09006.jpg

27-8-09005.jpg

Awwwww what a little poppet :love:

So glad he found his way to you & that you've managed to find him a safe place to go :)

Back